Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 7 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By gonetropo
  • 1 Post By Tentman
  • 6 Post By gonetropo

Thread: On Demand Security Guards - RESPONDA App

On Demand Security Guards - RESPONDA App

I've just read you can get an App called RESPONDA that lets you call out a security guard to your house for $99.

I can't believe no one has thought of this before - like ordering an Uber! I wonder if you could get them to bring Pizza?

Apparently its only Auckland Metro at the moment but its going national. I can't see how they'll make it pay at that price.

But pretty cool to have that as an option when the Arlo goes off whilst I'm working!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    It would be interesting to learn what they think their average response time will be. I can’t imagine that they would have a dedicated response team (at least not initially) so this will likely be resourced from the existing patrol / guard personnel which depending upon the time of day or night will be busy enough. The question in my mind is will they prioritise contracted customers ahead of a casual customers using the app.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yeah I doubt the response time will compete with Dominoes and they aren't exactly fully trained para-delta-ninjas, but they do have a torch and a high-vis vest and sometimes that'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    It would be interesting to learn what they think their average response time will be. I can’t imagine that they would have a dedicated response team (at least not initially) so this will likely be resourced from the existing patrol / guard personnel which depending upon the time of day or night will be busy enough. The question in my mind is will they prioritise contracted customers ahead of a casual customers using the app.
    There is a massive shortage of security guards (proper ones) at the moment - especially with that company (from what I've heard at work).

Security guards don't have any more powers to deal with miscreants than any citizen does. It would be faster to contact a close neighbour (of useful dimensions and demeanor) if you felt the need for assistance. It is fair to say that relying on others to sort your problems merely reinforces the 'victim mentality' of many people, especially many of those who have been brought up in the last 20-30 years. The law does not prevent people from taking effective action to protect their property or the physical safety of themselves or others. The 'victim mindset' however, just about guarantees that some 'neer-do-well' will get the better of you!
    tetawa, kotuku, Micky Duck and 4 others like this.

nz security guards caught catching crime: "STOP......or i will yell stop again"
    about all they can do is photograph the crim and write down a rego number
    Russian 22. and dannyb like this.

What happened to "calling the police" . . . What an age we live in!
    Micky Duck likes this.

save the 100 bucks a pop and get yourself some training such as jiu jitsu, find your courage and live life. security guards are just warm bodies who if they're useful will just write down what's happening

can you imagine it in todays PC world

cop " what was his height?"
    security " well its not safe to say he he short or tall so average"
    cop " white/black/asian?"
    security " errr.........human"
    cops "gender?"
    security " which one of 47? or has that gone up?
    cop "age?"
    security " cant say it would be rude to speculate"
    cop "tattoos?"
    security " its now called body art"

FFS i dont want to live here anymore
    john m, gundoc, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

haha that's scarily accurate - you can imagine the crims telling the cops 'that's offensive' when they give the physical description...

Most security guards in NZ couldnt run 5k to show any level of fitness for a start let alone have a 6th dan black belt or higher,or be a good negotiator.

It almost looks like a poor quality legal on demand protection racket.........