Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: FAL renewal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    You forgot to mention your also a heartless bastard too, but I already knew that...
    Sorry for not caring about the cops making things easier for new licence applicants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Just block the cunt, that's what a lot of people do
    For your convenience, instructions for the ignore list are in my signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Sorry for not caring about the cops making things easier for new licence applicants.

Not so if this info is correct

Hi Tim --
    I’m emailing because I thought you may be interested in learning about the major shake-up the Police have just proposed for firearms administration in New Zealand.

The Police are planning a huge shake-up to the existing system, with hundreds of arms officers and firearms licensing vettors set to lose their jobs.

The Police are proposing:
    • All firearms activity and personnel will be managed by, and report to the Arms Act Service Delivery Group;
    • That firearms administration tasks will be moved away from districts and towards central management;
    • To establish a new national Service Centre, based in Kapiti, to manage end-to-end firearms administration; and
    • Disestablishing hundreds of field-based arms officer and firearms licensing vettors; replacing them with a far fewer number of new positions at lower pay-scales.
    I’ve received a lot of feedback from people already, and the general view is that there are huge risks in what the Police are proposing. There will be a massive loss of institutional expertise through the disestablishment of arms officers and licensing vetting officers. To make matters worse, only six weeks has been allowed for consultation which is a pitiful amount of time given the large changes proposed. This proposal has come totally out of the blue and has shocked many people.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Started my renewal in a bit of a rush, it expires next month. Took the form to the local station, at the watch house i was "served " by 2 officers before a snr constable appeared. The other 2 after a discussion had told me to go to the postshop as they do drivers and other licenses, no said I and asked if they knew anything about the arms act. The snr sorted it and we had a brief discussion he personally believed the policy of exempting services personnel from requiring an fal could do with some more thought and more training was definitly needed but conceded that cost is king at present.
    Also I should have been sent a reminder but that appears not to be happening a lot.
    I had to photograph the appln and took his name and warrant no as no acknowledgement of receipt was offered.
    Pretty unimpressed to be honest. It will ve interesting to see how long it takes.

Could be better than the service I’m getting at the moment lol not.
    Got sent two letters where they get my name wrong in both can’t figure out that I have a shotgun and firearm ticket hence two letters and a waste of paper and postage.
    Then also apart from my name being wrong also all other details are wrong. Holding on to that little nugget as they also have other stuf wrong
    Just for those of you that don’t know this is from the land where all guns are registered.......they just don’t really know who to
    I’ve just had a long winded conversation with my arms officer asking to clarify a few things.
    Thank god ive kept all receipt and postage records as well as sent emails because the tail seems to be wagging the dog in this county.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I had to photograph the appln and took his name and warrant no as no acknowledgement of receipt was offered.
    Pretty unimpressed to be honest. It will ve interesting to see how long it takes.
    NZ Post give you the receipt for the $126.50 when you pay for your FAL new/renewal. In all cases, dealing with the Arms Officer is preferable to other staff serving the reception counter.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    ....Just for those of you that don’t know this is from the land where all guns are registered.......they just don’t really know who to .....
    What do you mean by that? Do you mean you come from a country where all firearms are registered?

Almost exactly 5 weeks to the day I received my renewed license in the mail .
    So I cant complain to much , and everyone at the Cop shop who I dealt with were very helpful.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    NZ Post give you the receipt for the $126.50 when you pay for your FAL new/renewal. In all cases, dealing with the Arms Officer is preferable to other staff serving the reception counter.
    I agree, however this station has no ao, and the post shop receipt has to be attached to the form. The nearest station with an ao is palmy and hes unavailable more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Almost exactly 5 weeks to the day I received my renewed license in the mail .
    So I cant complain to much , and everyone at the Cop shop who I dealt with were very helpful.
    Still waiting for mine
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Still waiting for mine
    Ditto
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out