Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Farmer fires warning shots at hunters on Doc land..

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by davhope View Post
    Hi Guys, I found this today and thought it was at the very least, grounds for a firearms license revokation? Am
    I wrong?
    https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...AxNTA1NjY2NzM5
    I don't do timewaster book, can you give a synopsis?.
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    I thought same as you "once"
    I now use daily for selling - but I also find fantastic reading/pics/history etc etc
    All about things/periods/timeframes that fit what I have been/done etc

For example the 60's - 70's meat recovery Group - just amazing Photos obviously put on by Grandkids etc that have scanned the "old fella's" Box Brownie jobs etc

So do not knock what you not tried - dip your toes in the water - you might find it comforting

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Is it illegal to shoot Drones ??
    Yet ?
    I want one mounted on the wall, nice expensive one please.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Drones can be jammed
    jammed full of lead.
    257weatherby likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Maybe reckless discharge of firearm, or discharging a firearm in a way to cause nuisance. You'd certainly annoy the drone "pilot". And you might be on video. Would not look good either way. More hassle than it solved.
    How is it reckless if they are illegally spying on you over your property without your permission? Right to privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Farmer allegedly fired shots at a couple of blokes on DOC estate bordering his property, The police have also allegedly told the two blokes that as there were no witnesses they cannot do anything further,
    No mention of drones anywhere.....and I would have thought if they had used a drone they might of got some useful footage of the incident....

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    How is it reckless if they are illegally spying on you over your property without your permission? Right to privacy?
    You might at a pinch use a firearm to defend your life, and I think the law would back you up. For defending your privacy I'd maybe just stick to throwing rocks.

Here is a useful idea for when the zombies, sorry drones come:

Boaraxa likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

With regard to drones, you dont have to shoot them down. It is a waste of ammo. If you can get ANYTHING tangled with a blade it will fall rather nicely. An old school stone thrower made from a rubber glove and a piece of water pipe will work and no pesky firearm charges.....Sling shots (Less accurate) rubber band guns work a treat if you can get in range as to string attached to weights. A 10ft string with a fishing sinker on it and a 10 ft handle will get you to about 26ft with good accuracy.....Sometimes even a "super soaker" high pressure water pistol toy....(if you want to be really unpleasant, fill it with piss....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FboCxknC5tY

A lot of the newer ones have remote cameras that record so any sight of a firearm in the picture could be recorded, but any of the methods above wont count as frearm charges. Willful damage ...? Maybe, but trespassing and invasion of privacy could be argued against retrieval....and the bastards (Drones) are not cheap either....
    Cordite likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Drones can be jammed
    The Russians make and sell a drone jammer, only problem is it does look like an MSSA.
    Iran jammed and landed a very high tech US spy drone much to the chagrin of the yanks. The official story was that one had crashed. So there is hope yet for someone to make a multi channel / tunable jammer . I had a drone buzz round me while fencing, then it buzzed the Mrs and son, then round the shed - I was not very happy by this stage ...

Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    The Russians make and sell a drone jammer, only problem is it does look like an MSSA.
    Iran jammed and landed a very high tech US spy drone much to the chagrin of the yanks. The official story was that one had crashed. So there is hope yet for someone to make a multi channel / tunable jammer . I had a drone buzz round me while fencing, then it buzzed the Mrs and son, then round the shed - I was not very happy by this stage ...

US cops have drone killers:
    https://dronevideos.com/police-using...flying-drones/

Half of my family are electrical engineers. Shouldn't be too hard to make something similar that works.
    40mm likes this.

Back on topic, I know two farmers one of which borders doc land the other a forestry block both are a bit "eccentric" and paranoid about poachers due no doubt to regular intrusions. They boast about how if they see people in those blocks they will let off a few shots to scare any game away. Without proof the shots were aimed in their direction this should have gone no further but I suspect it was an advertising opportunity for Josh whos populaeity might have been dropping.
    BRADS likes this.

Im thinking that westcoast farmer was one of those old school Klan members who happened upon 2 Taliban (josh wearing a beanie could be mistaken for a turban).... causing trubbel on the back of his property after firing off all his bullets drove off to holla up some help .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

I know of a similar case where people were shot at and had bullets impacting near and around them. The Police were involved, not sure of the outcome. Any such incidents should be treated with the highest level of seriousness.
    davhope, Steve123 and Moa Hunter like this.

Whatever happened with the locals firing warning shots at boats fishing to close to “their” beach out taharoa ways a while ago??probably sweet f a..

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Whatever happened with the locals firing warning shots at boats fishing to close to “their” beach out taharoa ways a while ago??probably sweet f a..
    Nothing popped up in a Google search. There's a reason why I've never been keen to goat hunting down there. Too many bush grow ops and people with bad attitudes to public land.