Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Firearm safe, what's the go

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    ...................A mate built his into his 2 story concrete house, right from the get go. He built it, so no one else knows whats under the concrete.
    REALLY?

Not even Constable Plod? Surely he knows as it will have had to be sighted at least to be approved for the FAL and once he knows, surely that will be recorded somewhere linked to your mates FAL.
    And then we all know how secure and safe that information is.................
    outlander and XR500 like this.

There's a standard 6 gun A cat 'safe' to satisfy the casual observer

As others have said, it amazes me how people can have thousands of $ of firearms and scopes locked up in cheap wooden cabinets.
    Yes the previous guidelines allowed for it, but you should always make it as difficult for pricks to steal your sh*t.

Personally I still have my old E-Cat security, ie 7mm walls and door 120kg safe and streaming CCTV to my phone, but I realise that isn't for everyone, especially people renting.

Only wish I had gotten a bigger E-Cat safe originally, run out of room now with all the new guns I've bought since the steal back.
    mikee and Moa Hunter like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

25mm ply meets the current rules providing it is structurally sound and attached to the building, especially considering that it has been accepted under the same rules in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    25mm ply meets the current rules providing it is structurally sound and attached to the building, especially considering that it has been accepted under the same rules in the past.
    Of course it does, but the writing is clearly on the wall for such wooden cabinets with the proposed regulations.
    We on the forum know the regulations will be implemented 98% as proposed regardless of public feedback.

But I would suggest most license holders aren't aware, or don't care what is coming.
    Danger Mouse and outlander like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Of course it does, but the writing is clearly on the wall for such wooden cabinets with the proposed regulations.
    We on the forum know the regulations will be implemented 98% as proposed regardless of public feedback.

But I would suggest most license holders aren't aware, or don't care what is coming.
    I'm expecting the new law to not have specific requirements and will simply say that the police guidelines are the legal minimum requirement. Then the police can rewrite the guidelines. So they can basically change the law as they please without having to get the politicians to actually change the law.

The proposal about having to lock ammo in a steel container seems to be a fairly strong hint that wooden cabinets won't be allowed for firearms in the near future.

Aren't regulations and orders in council wonderful?
    Danger Mouse and outlander like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

What concerns me is the talk of proposing everyone having steelboxes in car to transport around in, make it too hard and then everyone just gives up.
    People are struggling now with complexities of where arms act is going.

Does a skyline type shed qualify as a steel container" ??
    outlander and Happy Jack like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Your car is going to look fairly dorky with one of those strapped on every time you head off for a shot!
    10-Ring and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Your car is going to look fairly dorky with one of those strapped on every time you head off for a shot!
    Not if it's the latest Audi, BMW, Merc or American ute it won't!