Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: No F.A.L No Worries

I talked to management at the gunshop yesterday regarding No FAL sighted/asked for whilst buying a large amount of ammunition one day lastweek...they seemed to take the matter very seriously ,and are going to look at the breakdown of systems in place to prevent this happening again ...To say the least management was Not impressed with their staffs actions,or lack of
    Kscott, AzumitH, kiwijames and 3 others like this.

This has made me remember something, I picked up a shotgun that had been sent away for repair and only produced my receipt! Hadn't thought about until now but they probably should still be asking for my licence right?

Quote Originally Posted by waitakstalker View Post
    This has made me remember something, I picked up a shotgun that had been sent away for repair and only produced my receipt! Hadn't thought about until now but they probably should still be asking for my licence right?
    That's a little different.
    With the ammo it's changing ownership from one owner to another.
    With your repair no ownership has changed, just possession.

While it would be good practice to sight a licence when a shop gives you back possession it wouldn't be deemed a legal requirement.
    No different to picking your car up after repairs. You wouldn't expect to have to show your licence, however if you purchased a vehicle your licence is usually required to complete the change of ownership and registration details.

It was a completely different person who took it from me and gave it to me, effectively they could have given someone who "found" a receipt on the side of the road a firearm!

Went to 1 range in chch, had to read a page of rules, produce fal sign book and paid

Went to another, paid money got till receipt..... Off you go

Everyone gets complacent

I bought a .22 privately the guy never asked for my license. I made him fill like a dick and produced it as I was leaving to remind him of his negligence.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    I bought a .22 privately the guy never asked for my license. I made him fill like a dick and produced it as I was leaving to remind him of his negligence.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    There's no problem with him not asking to see your licence as long as you have one.

It's only against the law to sell or supply to an unlicensed person. You are licensed whether or not he sees it. He may be taking a risk, but he's not breaking the law.

Why do you feel the need to make other people 'feel like a dick' when they are not doing anything illegal?
    Fawls likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    There's no problem with him not asking to see your licence as long as you have one.

It's only against the law to sell or supply to an unlicensed person. You are licensed whether or not he sees it. He may be taking a risk, but he's not breaking the law.

Why do you feel the need to make other people 'feel like a dick' when they are not doing anything illegal?
    I think you missed the point.

Illegal? No. Stupid? Yes.
    AzumitH, 199p, Tommy and 1 others like this.