Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: NZ Police Press release

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    Thank you for enlightening me. The percentages appear to add up, I must be a total idiot, outraged and living in the past (in very general terms).
    My apologies.
    Not trying to enlighten you (or piss you off). Just having a discussion and mentioning my take on it. No need to appologize, we all have our own views...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

If you read the list of proposed special reasons for importing an airsoft gun, it mentions dealer's maintaining stock, so once they get here, they will continue to sell them to anyone, as there is nothing within the act to stop them, with exception to under 18 etc. The net effect is the only people affected are serious air gun hobbyists, and any drop kick can buy them from a sports shop or tardme. This work is purely a back patting exercise, and will not achieve it's intended purpose.
    Littledog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    If you read the list of proposed special reasons for importing an airsoft gun, it mentions dealer's maintaining stock, so once they get here, they will continue to sell them to anyone, as there is nothing within the act to stop them, with exception to under 18 etc. The net effect is the only people affected are serious air gun hobbyists, and any drop kick can buy them from a sports shop or tardme. This work is purely a back patting exercise, and will not achieve it's intended purpose.
    That was my point. It seems that this is really there to stop individuals doing single imports and push them towards retailers.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

ebf
    Beavis, agreed. Does not really make sense unless they going to enforce a "permit to procure" type setup for restricted airguns ??? Not even sure if that's possible, because there is no license endorement ?

I am sure the intent was to stop kids robbing dairy's etc with cheap air guns, but as usual target the object that's involved, the real issues are too hard.
    ebf likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Sounding like spawn of Jane Fonda and Genghis Khan there Rushy, but I hear ya
    I have sat to the right of Ghengis Khan for most of my life but suckling at the breast of Jane Fonda is a new and novel thought.
    ebf likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Beavis, agreed. Does not really make sense unless they going to enforce a "permit to procure" type setup for restricted airguns ??? Not even sure if that's possible, because there is no license endorement ?
    It would require another amendment to introduce something like that, and considering the numbers of "guns" involved it would be nigh on impossible to set up a meaningful systems. I think it would be much more productive and efficient to approach it from another angle.

Double post

I think what will happen is people will still try to import, but with out the required paperwork issues by Police to clear them from customs. They will be seized by customs.

The very cynical side of me thinks then this "illegal import" information could be used as a reason to stop them from obtaining a fL in the future as "Not Fit an Proper".

mind you I am very cynical,
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I have sat to the right of Ghengis Khan for most of my life but suckling at the breast of Jane Fonda is a new and novel thought.
    Oh you lucky bastard Jane Fonda's tit OMG that'd be an all day job!
    ebf and steven like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    100% here Beavis-spot on.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

The changes should help cut down all the knockoff magpul stuff out there too.

Im 40 now,and when I was 10 or 11 and my brother was 8 I travelled over to Hawaii and went to the huge markets near pearl harbor and bought ourselves 2 realistic looking pistols each,two were water pistols and the other two were a plastic bb firing one.About $1 each.
    Travelled to California,san diego,mexico and caught plane back to nz from Hawaii again.

Walked onto several planes in the usa carrying the pistols and no one even blinked.Walked on the plane for home carrying one of them and again no one gave a damn. On the plane they got put away in the walk on luggage.
    Getting off the plane somehow the entire planeload went the wrong way and ended up where you had to go through customs to get on the plane again.

NZ customs insisted on checking everyones bags and freaked out about the 4 plastic pistols and confiscated them saying it was too dangerous to carry them on board a plane.

I have laughed about that for 30 years.

But I am all for the banning of replicas and replica air rifles. 12 yr old neighbor pointed his replica .177 air rifle at me a while back and sadly I had to chase him,grab it off him and smash it on the ground for pointing it at me.Caused all issues with his dad and police but anyone points a gun at me and I will not take it kindly.
    Toby, Ryan and Maca49 like this.

Yes lets all blame an inanimate object, surely its not the parent fault leaving the kid unsupervised with an air rifle.

ebf
    Not rally sure how much parental supervision is going to help with the teens and adults using replica firearms to commit armed robbery...

They'd probably better with some supervision of the Dept of Corrections type.