Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: oh shit

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    2hrs from Kawerau
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

We should paint a couple of LAVs blue and sell them to the police.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    This is not the first time that our military have been involved in a citizen type situation.
    I wasn't aware that NZ's military could be used in civilian type internal situations???? Can anyone clarify on the legality of this use????
    It seems to be sneaking into our enforcement scenes & is a scenario from " Sleeping Dogs" movie which is a bit scary for the rest of us firearm owners if things generally turned to custard,eh???? AND: where did 4x LAV's suddenly turn up from???? It's a long way from Waiouru & it would need at least 2x Hercs if they didn't break down ( again!!)
    As pointed out, yes the military can legally assist civilian needs - happens all the time with SAR and Civil Defence. No, it's not like Sleeping Dogs where that was a fictional movie about a Police State. Legislation is pretty clear on when and how they can be rolled out. No it's not scary for us firearm owners if things turn to custard, because they won't. Unless you're obsessively paranoid. LAV's were based in Waiouru.

LAV's were based in Waiouru.
    No laws were broken, NZDF has assisted before. Not quite, NZLAV were from Linton as part of the QRF that is always on standby.
    Daggers_187 likes this.

Ahh, my bad.

O just read on stuff that "He was afraid of being shot". I'm sorry but I was bought up to treat people how you would like to be treated.!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Totally agree about Greg O'Connor, on TV 1 banging on about gun control, bet this offender doesn't have a licence. The more he rants I think the more people turn off.
    The answer I'd like is how after the AOS was called in (according to some reports to be fair) to deal with shots fired at a plane/copter, did 1 civilian in a house get the drop on four highly trained elite armed tactics driven officers?
    I gather again from reports today, 1 shotgun and maybe a .22.
    Would Greg O' C answer this or any other question this morning on TV NO NOT A BAR OF IT, just banging on about firearm control.
    BLOODY HELL!!!

Someone may already have asked??? but did this poor misunderstood chap have a firearms licence???????????

1:1000 odds that he didn't,eh ???? But will that piece of info be made clear to our loving public???????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. We'll all be lumped in together as potential homicidal maniacs, as always happens.

I've asked Richard Prosser ( NZ First) to ask a question in Parliament to that end and to demand a straight answer from the minister of police. IF there is a response?? I'll keep you posted.

Having been to jail for assaulting a dog ranger it's probably safe to assume he doesn't have a FAL.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew46826 View Post
    Having been to jail for assaulting a dog ranger it's probably safe to assume he doesn't have a FAL.
    Yes I'm sure you're spot on but I bet neither the press nor the police will make a definitive statement telling our loving public that the poor chap was illegally in possession of firearms WITHOUT a firearms licence,eh???? Which is why I have asked NZ First to "ask-the-question" & then it is in hansard & on the public record.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    As pointed out, yes the military can legally assist civilian needs - happens all the time with SAR and Civil Defence. No, it's not like Sleeping Dogs where that was a fictional movie about a Police State. Legislation is pretty clear on when and how they can be rolled out. No it's not scary for us firearm owners if things turn to custard, because they won't. Unless you're obsessively paranoid. LAV's were based in Waiouru.
    How did they get to Kawerau so quickly and why more than one IF there were up to 4 of them???? Bit of an overkill for one silly lad with short range 30-40m shotgun,eh??????

Every time I see O'Connor or hear him it makes me think retroactive abortion might be a good idea. I wonder if the average bluebottle is happy with him being their mouth piece?
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew46826 View Post
    ...and one doesn't find themselves in the slammer for 'assault' either. Would have been a fucken hammering.
    Andrew46826 and Tommy like this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Every time I see O'Connor or hear him it makes me think retroactive abortion might be a good idea. I wonder if the average bluebottle is happy with him being their mouth piece?
    Yes I agree, BUT you have to feel sorry for the plonker 'cos " he doesn't know how crims get hold of illegal firearms,eh????" which was the start of the TV3 bullshit!!!!
    GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

How did they get to Kawerau so quickly
    That'll be the 'Q' in QRF. It's the pedal on the right. Do you have a timeline of when they were requested, and when they arrived?

why more than one IF there were up to 4 of them????
    They don't go anywhere in smaller groups than that.

Bit of an overkill for one silly lad with short range 30-40m shotgun,eh??????
    Nope. He'd just shot several AOS officers.
    Kscott, Pengy, Andrew46826 and 1 others like this.