Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: oh shit

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...and one doesn't find themselves in the slammer for 'assault' either. Would have been a fucken hammering.
    Yeah but come on Danny. The poor chap landed on his head when he was: spat out of the womb eh & has had a deeply misunderstood youth until he found the salvation of growing and marketting electric puha. Ya gotta have some compassion eh????

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    No laws were broken, NZDF has assisted before. Not quite, NZLAV were from Linton as part of the QRF that is always on standby.
    Mobilised in the 2009 Napier Jan Molenaar shootings.

Greg O,C going on about too many firearms, just so happens more and more law abiding citizens are getting into hunting and shooting sports so DUH of course they will be buying a firearm or two with there new licence. Go after the gangs and crims guns and leave us law abiding VOTERS alone.
    199p, gadgetman and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    No it's not scary for us firearm owners if things turn to custard, because they won't.
    Glad you can see into the future, because the rest of us humans out there sure as fuck can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Glad you can see into the future, because the rest of us humans out there sure as fuck can't.
    Shutup
    199p and Steve123 like this.

I'm not as paranoid as others are, nor am I always looking for a conspiracy connection every 5 minutes to events.

I tend to stop, look, think objectively. I don't think society is going to go down the shitter, with rampaging mobs on the streets and Police randomly arresting people then beating a confession out of them, with guerrilla fighters blowing up Police cars and trying to secure "freedom".
    gadgetman and mawzer308 like this.

There are far more anti-firearm people than pro. If any of the antis read some of the comments in this tread they truly would think that we are blood thirsty, irrational and bananas.
    Maca49, Nibblet, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    Shutup
    You get my vote for stupidest comment of the year. Telling someone to not talk on a FORUM and not even being able to separate the TWO words you used. Large round of applause to you sir.
    top gun likes this.

You get my vote for stupidest comment of the year. Telling someone to not talk on a FORUM and not even being able to separate the TWO words you used. Large round of applause to you sir.
    Thankyou very much. How about keep the topic on track rather than off on a tangent. Throughout the whole topic you've been mouthing off about firearms rights this bad for us that.

Ejected
    I hope all the officers are OK and recover well.

I hope the shooter gets the help he obviously needs.

I hope this incident doesn't negativity impact us licence holding, responsible, firearm owners

In that order.

My two cents worth.
    Well it looks like you need a spokes person/organisation.
    If you all paid a fee to said person/organisation then you could at least get on top of this.
    You have slow firearms renewal!
    Press persecution!
    No parliament support!
    You all spent a lot of your hard earned money, and every time someone loses it you get slammed.

So what would be a resonable sum per annum?
    $80.00?
    This is what I pay, taken out each month! Never miss it ok it's in pounds.
    They have a media center to get straight in on shit like this to stop the knee jerk reactions!
    They have a list of every standing politician, as well any runner, so you can write them and find out which way they stand. If there not for you the you don't vote for them. Yes it dose have an impact the politicians hate loss in those votes.
    Here's the link!
    http://basc.org.uk
    Here we have a couple like this one.
    But I think NZ is to small and one should cover it.
    It would give you a voice that would be unified!
    Oh and they are elected by you!

I can for see if you don't then your going to lose what you have. It happen in Aussey after Port Arthur, it happened in the UK after Hungerford, Dunblane!
    And yes I am sure the the likes of SAFE read this blog!
    Guys this is the modern world you need to get on top of it or it's going to come to you very fast

So again who would pay to keep your sport safe and not lose your privileges?
    199p, Pengy and Tommy like this.

Guys, guys, guys! Before you reply to threads like this, just stop and think who might be reading these posts! H.du PA? We don't do ourselves any favours with comments like I have been reading on this scenario. A couple of comments though: firstly, St. John staff have a special team that works with Police SAR and AOS, called SERT (Special Emergency Response Team - I helped to train the inaugural team in Auckland. They are up to it. Secondly, how did highly trained AOS staff put themselves in the position of getting shot by a shotgun? How did that happen, specially after he Molenaar incident in Napier? And Greg O'Connor is banging on again about how crims get firearms? Really, Greg? Perhaps this offender has a F/a licence and a legit. firearm. Did you check Greg?. I guess this offender is fortunate that he doesn't reside in the USA. An offender there recently shot 2 Highway Patrol officers in the head after a routine traffic stop and fled. He was cornered by the local Police, and a gunfight ensued. He died. A TV reporter asked the local sheriff: " Sheriff, why were there 18 bullets found in this man's body?" The sheriff answered: "Well, that's all the ammunition we had available at that time".
    199p, Maca49, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    There are far more anti-firearm people than pro. If any of the antis read some of the comments in this tread they truly would think that we are blood thirsty, irrational and bananas.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1QzZ15-L38

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Yup. 'bout sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    The sad part is they probably right!! But I think if the police did a little better, seeing the solving burglary figures this week, then it just might help? Im not at a loss as to where the firearms are being sourced, illegally!!
    gadgetman likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough