Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Point it right between my eyes - WTF?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Did that link work , or does it just take you to their homepage ?

I'm actually going to NZ next year , but I'll be to busy carrying my own firearms to go lugging stinky old Miroku's through airports
    I think you would be way better off to get fitted by a Blaser Guru overseas and just get Blaser to make you a stock made to fit your F3 . They will even match as best as they can the new stock to the timber in your old for-end , or you could take the opportunity to upgrade both to a higher grade and sell off the old ones to cover some of the costs .

Ken
    Link worked fine mate. It is a good site. I have looked at it for a while. Bit risky its seems, as there is no come back if you get screwed on a deal?
    Yeah you are probably right on the blaser. I do love my F3. Best of all it has no hair on it, like those greasy Italian guns
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    There is something that just feels right about them.
    I should sell the F3 and just get a MK10 and use whats left over on something else useful. You could sell the SC3 and buy a feed of fush and chups!! Or maybe a house
    And people think rifle shooting is expensive

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    And people think rifle shooting is expensive
    Ha! Ha! Ha! There is no frigging comparison My yearly clay shooting bill when I was full on, could easily buy a 1 or 2 new R93's

I know fellas that spend 3 times as much, travelling overseas just for a club shoot.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I dont know of anyone in NZ that can fit a gun for a sporting shooter properly.
    Murray Cameron in Wellie

He used to fit all Holland and Hollands customer guns that weren't Holland and Hollands ( if that makes sense)

An ACTUAL apprenticed gunsmith in the UK ( not a backyarder)

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Maybe you should go back and point out that it is an offence to point a gun at someone, loaded or not
    Pointing an unloaded gun at a person who asked you to for a legitimate reason isn't an offence.
    Kscott and Toby like this.

What about a full size mirror and stand behind person with gun (person pointing ,customer pointing at mirror)shop assistant behind checking fit that mite work and look safer

How can it not be safe pointing an unloaded gun at someone(doing this)
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How can it not be safe pointing an unloaded gun at someone(doing this)

In the specific case that you have both clearly ensured that the gun is not loaded and it is being done for a specific purpose, it's not.

In general, it's a very bad habit to have though and should only be done with clear communication, purpose, and certainty that it's unloaded.

Treated every firearm as loaded
    Never point a gun at something you don't want to shoot
    Etc.
    Toby likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Murray Cameron in Wellie

He used to fit all Holland and Hollands customer guns that weren't Holland and Hollands ( if that makes sense)

An ACTUAL apprenticed gunsmith in the UK ( not a backyarder)
    What tri-gun does he use for measurement do you know? Does he use lasers or shooting for confirmation?

When a gun fitter gets a person to point the gun at his eye he doing so to determine if the shooters eye ( pupil ) is correctly positioned both in the vertical and horizontal in relation to the front bead and rib of the gun .
    what annoys me about the backyard , gun shop experts is that even if they vaguely know what they are doing in regards to stock adjustments to centralise your eye horizontally with the rib , they assume that everyone shoots with the same sight picture between barrels and target in regards to height .
    Everyone is different in what they prefer in regards to sight picture at time of the shot being triggered .
    I personally shoot with a reasonably high gun so that I never lose sight of the bird and the target is always above my barrels , some people blot the target out as the slap the trigger .
    There is no right or wrong way to do it , its just up to the individual .
    No one can properly fit a gun to a person without confirming the height of comb settings by actually shooting some targets and patterning the gun on a board .
    Its possible to get a very close fit in the shop but not perfect , if someone tells you otherwise treat it with suspicion .
    I personally have no problem with the whole pointing a gun at someone in this situation when its in a very controlled environment and everyone present is made aware repeatedly of the safe condition of the firearm . I also understand those who have an issue with it and admire their total adherence to the letter of the law and if it makes them uncomfortable I would never push them to participate in such an activity.
    I probably would feel uncomfortable myself to see this done over the counter at a gunshop which is full of customers , and performed by some salesman who's shooting experience is shooting one Sunday a month ( that's if he shoots shotguns at all , and isn't a rifle expert who likes to dabble in things he knows little about ) .

Ken
    R93, mikee and Gunzrrr like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Ejected
    The personification of a piece of steel is amazing. It is a inanimate object with no thought pattern, conscious or ability to act on its own. Its the numpty operating it that does the damage.

In a situation like this where all parties concerned are aware its in a safe arrangement then sure.

Its a totally different case, such as at a shoot, when its been loaded and used for its purpose to then swing it in a direction aimlessly where it sweeps through pointing towards people.
    We have it happen at our rifle range from people with years of experience who should know better, sure the rifle may have been cleared and bolt removed but its a habit that shouldn't be slipped into. And not always have the safety checks been done before this happens.
    gadgetman and R93 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    The personification of a piece of steel is amazing. It is a inanimate object with no thought pattern, conscious or ability to act on its own.
    But some of them seem to ha a 'soul'; just something about them. Surely you've come across one that you think just has to come home with you?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    But some of them seem to ha a 'soul'; just something about them. Surely you've come across one that you think just has to come home with you?
    You sound like my Mrs justifying her thousands of shoe purchases
    Savage1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    There are lots like that but unfortunately Mr Bank Account says somthing else.
    gadgetman likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

" Life's to short to shoot cheap guns "

Last edited by Ground Control; 23-09-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA