Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Should this dropkick get his FAL back?

I was surprised he kept his ticket after the seal shooting. It should be gone for good now. It looks like he couldn't front up in court either time, so he's not big on personal responsibility I think.

I am bloody sure we'd kick him off our shooting team..

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is that most of the dim witted sheep reading the news will not see an article about an ex all black behaving badly.

Instead,they will most likely see an article about an entitled shooter once again being a total idiot with loaded firearms,whilst drunk, aone ending up being shot and still hoping to keep his licence as in his eyes it was only a bit of fun and what was wrong with it, so he should keep his licence.

No doubt my anti-gun neighbour will tell me all about this sometime, starting with the ever so friendly " look what you gun toting idiots get up too,should ban the lot of you from owning guns, blah ,blah......'

So in the interest of all shooters in NZ he should def lose his licence and publicly be ripped a new one by the judge in no uncertain terms.Letting idiots like that keep their licence is doing no one any favours.

The fact that he is an ex all black should be used to make him adhere to higher standards,not enable him get away with dumb stuff !!
    veitnamcam and Cyclops like this.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

Two points that have been implied but not explicitly stated (well, one sort of has).

Yip the rich and famous, in NZ particularly rugby stars, have a different level of accountability. Frankly I dont understand the fascination that NZ has with rugby. These people are idols because they throw a bag of air around a field for 90 minutes? Really? Frankly if they want that lifestyle they need to take the responsibility that goes with being a 'role model' for young people. You dont get to turn it on and off when you please. I have a military back ground. Those in command, those that are in leadership positions are held to a higher standard of behaviour, And this rooster needs to have the same, not a lower standard, because, hey mate, wink nudge, you played rugby so its all good.

Next, There is increasing unrest in western society (not just NZ) about inequality, financial and responsibility. Anonymous, brexit, australian election, trump election, hell, even some people voted against the flag change as a big finger to john key. The unrest has a real possibility of growing to more than unrest in the next 30 years.

Have a watch of the documentary 'the four horsemen' on you tube. There are key indicators when an empire is getting restless and dramatic change is ready to occur and western society is showing them.
    oneipete, shooternz and keneff like this.

no that's 2 fuckups now fuck him just coz he's famous doesn't mean he gets to be a fucktard

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    No. And every other person that thinks of opening weekend as an opportunity to get boozed and shoot guns all need their bloody heads banged together too. It is absolutely rampant within the shooting community, I can guarantee there are members on here that have this twisted way of thinking and it is one of the reasons that duckshooting does absolutely nothing for me.
    Spot on! I know there will be a few feeling insecure looking at your comment.

Regarding Hore, he had his chance to make good and went and royaly fucked up. IF he does get his license not revoked which isn't a court decision either decided by a Judge but just if he did it would set a very scary precedent of what "fit and proper person" is defined as!!
    shooternz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Most of us can live life without a firearm (it is a luxury many of our Aussie mates don't have). The danger to the public vastly outweighs this guys need to be entertained. I'm aware of the irony btw, that hippies would say that to all of us but our attitudes to safety are the only thing that justifies the trust placed in us.
    How is he a danger to the public?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    Do you think that if someone is of the mind set to use a firearm in a reckless and irresponsible manner that they pose no possible danger to public safety?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I will use math to explain. Neanderthal Moron + Cavalier Attitude + Loaded Firearm + Alcoholic Beverages = Danger To Public.
    This math is so pure that you can take any two of the component parts out of it and still arrive at the same answer.
    Savage1, tetawa, zimmer and 5 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

From reading the report Andrew Hore and his mates are a worry.
    But they are on private property,a definite threat to themselves and their shooting mates.
    But what I posed was are they a danger to the public.
    The negative press "shooters,hunters" is the one of the worst things about this.

But they are on private property,a definite threat to themselves and their shooting mates.
    The negative press "shooters,hunters" is the one of the worst things about this.
    Well one of them was shot and wounded is that not enough reason to revoke his license give his past act of stupidity, even if they were on private property they were still a danger to other people
    not many properties are big enough to contain a centre fire round fired at an upward angle, He also broke most of the 7 safety rules,
    Rugby players should have tougher restrictions when applying for an FAL they have proven that they can not follow the rules even when playing their game the number of penalties given in a match
    is some times enough to lose the game, and Hore is one of the worst how many other times has he and his friends behaved in the same manner next time they could kill some innocent bystander,
    It's about time the Judges grew some balls and handed down some serious away time for Firearm offences ex All Black or not.
    10-Ring likes this.

How far are the boundary lines is another thought bullets go a long waywhat goes up gotta come down.
    And as Rushy said Cavalier Attitude he's not really going to be looking at his firing zones say no shot their. So you live on his boundaries would you want him to have a gun and all his drunk mates round himmm not really me thinks

The first time he was before the courts, he had been blasting protected wildlife (and I'd bet dollars to diamonds he was on the piss then too) from a boat, in front of 45 tourists. So the first time he was in a VERY public place, with several dozen members of the public present.

I'd also veiw the conspiracy of lies to police as an aggravating factor (Keeping to the story etc). Not only were they criminally negligent, they also lied about it. They should have had up on the stand, be interesting to see what he'd have to say under oath eh?

Not only am I amazed there's talk of him getting his FAL back, I'm gobsmacked he didn't do time in jail.
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The first time he was before the courts, he had been blasting protected wildlife (and I'd bet dollars to diamonds he was on the piss then too) from a boat, in front of 45 tourists. So the first time he was in a VERY public place, with several dozen members of the public present.

I'd also veiw the conspiracy of lies to police as an aggravating factor (Keeping to the story etc). Not only were they criminally negligent, they also lied about it. They should have had up on the stand, be interesting to see what he'd have to say under oath eh?

Not only am I amazed there's talk of him getting his FAL back, I'm gobsmacked he didn't do time in jail.
    its becuase nz is obsessed with hurdurrrrr, rugby. Can do no wrong.

To the people suggesting he's getting away with things because he's a rugby player - do you think we would have even heard about his dumbass incidents if he wasn't an ex all black?

If anything there is less tolerance of bad behaviour when the media makes a big deal about everything they do (look at Aaron Smith for example).

How many people on this forum would be at risk of losing licences too if their stupid moments were made public? Lets start with the number of duckshooters that treat opening weekend as a piss-up with guns...

I'm not defending Hore's actions, but pot/kettle, plank/eye etc.