Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Uncovered guns

years back i was a regular at a pub on banks peninsula having been out bunny slaying. the cook saw a hare in the next field and in her broadest cornish accent calimed " i wouldnt mind that in the pot". she called the farmer on the property who told her " kill it". i wandered thru the pub with my trusty 10/22 nailed it and dropped it on the bar.
    no issues at all from the regulars (famers types) apart from the comment "good shot"
    nowadays expect aos
    john m, Tommy and berg243 like this.

I know a guy who would carry guns in and out of shops uncovered, clearly advertised he had a gun and got ripped off by the dodgy gang members who saw him in the car park and followed him home, beat him got access to his safe and cleaned him right out all because he was a nob carrying his firearm round for everyone to see. ya see some times the public are not good people
    systolic and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    I know a guy who would carry guns in and out of shops uncovered, clearly advertised he had a gun and got ripped off by the dodgy gang members who saw him in the car park and followed him home, beat him got access to his safe and cleaned him right out all because he was a nob carrying his firearm round for everyone to see. ya see some times the public are not good people
    Hope they choke on all the ammo they got.
    Use enough gun

Back in the mid 1970's (when firearms were registered individually with a little paper certificate) I had my gun shop in Manchester Street in Christchurch. I used to work long hours to get ahead (7.30am to 11.00pm) and got a ride to work with a mate in the mornings and caught the 11.05pm Midland bus to Rangiora at night. I often carried firearms in soft gunbags. One night I was running late for the bus and ran across Colombo Street with my usual gun bag and was spotted by a beat cop. He came onto the bus and asked (not unreasonably) for an explanation which I gave him and then asked for some ID. All I had on me with my name and address on it was my licence to Carry a Pistol. He gave it back, half-saluted and quickly got off the bus. That is the only time I have been quizzed when carrying firearms in public.
    john m, Tommy and outlander like this.

Got stopped by a local cop once as a youngster of 18 or 19, carrying an air rifle in a duffelbag on a footpath. Told me to get a proper case that covered the muzzle and recorded my details and the calibre - just in case he had to go enquiring about some pellet vandalism. Could and would have thrown the book at me if he'd been a dickhead or if I had mouthed off at him.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I see no reason not to have your gun(s) in a case other than being a miserly bastard. Carrying them uncovered to make a half-baked political point is just dumb.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Steve123 and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    5a) Transporting firearms and ammunition
    Even before you buy your first firearm you need to know how you will carry it home and where you will keep it. Once you leave the dealer’s shop you will be carrying
    your firearm in a public place and possibly on a bus, train, aircraft,or inter-island ferry. Bear in mind that it is illegal to carry or use a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Remember also to make sure the action is open when around other people.
    You are strongly advised to get a padded cover or hard case in which to carry your firearm. This ensures the firearm is protected and stays in good condition. It also makes it less obvious so is less likely to alarm other members of the public.
    I wonder then, if that is half the reason for encouraging LFAOs to use a gun case, is there a market for gun cases that don't look like gun cases?

Name:  Best-Acoustic-Soft-Guitar-Case.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  18.2 KB

I like this one, room for all the extra bits too. Add a pair of padded shoulder straps and it's perfect.
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @300CALMAN

Now, now! Be nice! (slap)
    Nice?

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Nice?
    @300CALMAN

You naughty, naughty boy, what will become of you when you grow up!?! No more fighting in the forum yard!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    I wonder then, if that is half the reason for encouraging LFAOs to use a gun case, is there a market for gun cases that don't look like gun cases?

Attachment 85606

I like this one, room for all the extra bits too. Add a pair of padded shoulder straps and it's perfect.
    Forgot to mention an upside. The AOS might start giving buskers a hard time --- and we'll have our streets back.
    Gibo likes this.