Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree511Likes

Thread: Why frontline cops should be armed

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    But mine is first hand personal experience

No I can't sleep, yes I'm bored.
    What is this sleep thing you talk about? I recall it some time before kids arrived. Think it was some sort of feathered creature.

I agree with @30calman that it would be good if we could sort our society out so that the Police are not required to routinely carry firearms. That is the crux of the issue. Then we could maintain our generally extremely good and easy relationship with the Police, and this relationship works in both directions.

There will always be an element of our society that will never toe the line, but the smaller that group is the better. The more people we can persuade to contribute to the country the better.
    Pointer, 199p, Savage1 and 2 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Thanks you for your support gents.as for the catty remarks Ive had worse ! My original POV still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Yes! Punctuation is a clear sign of intelligence or lack thereof!
    Not to mention even with the correct punctuation it still spits up the vial nonsensical crap coming out of some mad mans head.
    Vile, not vial and you missed the apostrophe on man's

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Kotuku's turn of phrase shares a lot with the stream of consciousness method used by James
    Joyce who wrote "Ulysses" which is considered to be one of the high water marks of the English language.

Attacking his punctuation style misses the wider point and comes across as petty.

If you are trying to convince people of your argument, a little charm goes a long way..

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    ouch this has gone of the rails
    Refer post # 111.

B

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Refer post # 111.

B
    Yep. Pretty much.
    And no one here will have any say on the outcome.

Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Yep. Pretty much.
    And no one here will have any say on the outcome.

Only time will tell.
    That's what makes it so much fun end of the day it makes No difference anyway

Yes! Punctuation is a clear sign of intelligence or lack thereof!
    Not to mention even with the correct punctuation it still spits up the vial nonsensical crap coming out of some mad mans head.
    Punctuation is certainly not a sign of lack of intelligence. It certainly can be a sign of Dyslexia, as suffered by those that you would call un-intelligent, such as Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci and Richard Branson, to name a few.
    Punctuation, or lack of it can also be a sign that the writer does not have English as their first language.
    I respectfully request you think before you type.

My take, for what it is worth, is that I don't believe cops routinely carrying firearms would make things any better or any worse in NZ.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I have to admit though Pengy, Jexlas' comment made my morning.

To criticize a members' writing style as a symptom of unintelligence, then to misspell "vile" as "vial" had me in fits of laughter

I think Jexla needs to focus
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah great outcome aye. Just look at some of the comments in this thread. The public being armed would be a lot more worrying to me than the police.
    Right on Gibo! There is the distinction of HAVING the said firearm and having it ready when you NEED it. There is no point in having one at all if it isn't reachable - therefore the public would be better off not having the associated risks of storing them.

My 2c. Cops having bushmasters in their cars is BS. All or nothing. Arm them, train them or don't do either. There will be consequences either way that we will just have to deal with. Somebody mentioned the killing of the courier, which I want to point out was caused by a highly trained individual and some extreme bad luck. Shit happens sadly

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    lets face it folks -we have the unarmed bobby as a legacy from the days of our colonial era when we were subservient to the UK&followed their social mores &traditions.
    unfuckingfortunately thosae social mores &traditions have progressed massively (backwardsIMHO)and today the feral reigns supreme .the days of the 6'6''rugby playing plod giving you a short sharp size 11 up the arse and threatening to "have a word with ya dad lad". we have in the past 2 decades and by&large due to some socially antagonistic experts bred a whole generation of sperm byproducts who belive theyre entitled to it&now". fuck society and what they think ..its me me me.Iknow my rights cause they told me so"and so on.

social media fed em violence and plenty of it as a way to get what they want-tacitly sanctioned by our own indifference, long on the talkfest short on the bloody act ion to halt this corrosive attitude and hence we arrive at this moot point.
    me _if hindsight is so fucking valuable why dont we all have a spare set of eyeballs in our arsecheeks!!
    massive -cmon man youre more bloody socially aware than what youre writing-takin the piss aint doinanyone any favours.
    Going to have to annoy NZ here by pointing out that you were administered out of NSW Australia in your early years so it was Australia that gave you useless unarmed cops haha. We needed the guns to point at all the convicts evidently. That settles it, I hereby bequeath the original consignment of muskets the NZ police force! Much safer 'cause the bad guy can run away while you load the thing
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Well when you can understand the message but choose to ignore it because it lacks punctuation, that means you are choosing to remain ignorant.
    Except I can't understand anything that nut case writes.
    shift14 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Vile, not vial and you missed the apostrophe on man's

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Kotuku's turn of phrase shares a lot with the stream of consciousness method used by James
    Joyce who wrote "Ulysses" which is considered to be one of the high water marks of the English language.

Attacking his punctuation style misses the wider point and comes across as petty.

If you are trying to convince people of your argument, a little charm goes a long way..
    As I and gimp have said, punctuation aside, he's spewing nonsensical garbage. Having no punctuation makes it just that much harder to try to understand.
    The fact you all deem it acceptable to try enter an intelligent debate with absolutely diabolical punctuation is the opposite of charm and disrespectful to everyone you expect to read it.
    As for a few mistakes, everyone makes those, we all get over them, but it seems his paragraphs are a mistake in its entirety.

Except I can't understand anything that nut case writes.
    That's because you chose not to. You wont accept anyone elses opinion or view which doesn't align with your own.
    I don't want this to get into a personal attack thing, but it appears that you are educated as far as knowledge goes, but have little knowledge as far as life experience goes.

Some of the stuff you have said appears to have come from a sheltered view. Some of the people on here know what they are talking about as they have been at the sharp end of the stick. You have never experienced these things and will have no idea of what you are talking about.

Much like I have not deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, so I don't choose to tell people how to fight or act in that environment.

And given your comments, I don't think you would ever join the police, that is if you can.
    Savage1, gadgetman and Shooter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    That's because you chose not to. You wont accept anyone elses opinion or view which doesn't align with your own.
    I don't want this to get into a personal attack thing, but it appears that you are educated as far as knowledge goes, but have little knowledge as far as life experience goes.

Some of the stuff you have said appears to have come from a sheltered view. Some of the people on here know what they are talking about as they have been at the sharp end of the stick. You have never experienced these things and will have no idea of what you are talking about.

Much like I have not deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, so I don't choose to tell people how to fight or act in that environment.

And given your comments, I don't think you would ever join the police, that is if you can.
    No, I've read and understood everyone else's comments perfectly fine, I appreciate their opinions and experiences, I take those in to help me form my own opinions.
    I am not unaccepting of other opinions or views. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean you're unaccepting, or that would mean you are unaccepting of mine.
    This really isn't about joining the police or if you ever would, or if you even can. It's about us all from a forum debating a hot issue, nothing more than that.
    95% of the people commenting won't join the police, does that make their point any less valid? Get off it.