Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: Why frontline cops should be armed

Or in the case of this thread the Gunslinger. Now that one is tempting in wild west sort of way.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

For new cops it would be chevron, as they go up ranks lampshade then walrus

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The thing is they wouldn't need arming if they did more policing. Unfortunately the police, like everyone else, have been regulated out of a lot of common sense powers. If they had the ability to effectively deal with offenders at the beginning of their careers things would be sweet and dandy. Unfortunately the front line police have not been given the backing of the courts, politicians, society or their own hierarchy. They are not meant to pursue too many things that are not cost effective, hence they don't turn up and are not interested in pursuing thefts/burglaries; we just get to pay for that ourselves with higher insurance premiums. Minor traffic infringements by the usually law abiding though is a good money spinner. The trouble with this approach is the crims get to carry on until it becomes an embedded way of life for them and when they do finally get dealt with properly it's too late turn them around and they are a bigger problem for society.

Now onto the more serious issue. Daughter wants to paint moustaches on my newly painted trailer. I don't want it to look too authoritarian so what style?

I had an acquaintance call the police because a few of the local teenagers were being a nuisance and harassing traffic on the local street. He got the reply " Its just teenagers being teenagers...". To which he suggested that "teenagers being teenagers" used to get a telling off by "Cops being Cops" and they would pull their heads in and become people being society. Now the "Cops being Cops doesn't happen so the teenagers often push the boundary's and become "Dicks being Vandals" and onwards towards "crims being crims" and now the cops have a bigger mess to deal with.....The officer at the end of the phone went quiet and said he would send someone when he got the chance....

I dont know if anyone actually came but thats beside the point. Point is, if kids are taught proper boundary's when they start pushing, they dont push so far past the boundarys that we have to move the boundarys to get them back.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I had an acquaintance call the police because a few of the local teenagers were being a nuisance and harassing traffic on the local street. He got the reply " Its just teenagers being teenagers...". To which he suggested that "teenagers being teenagers" used to get a telling off by "Cops being Cops" and they would pull their heads in and become people being society. Now the "Cops being Cops doesn't happen so the teenagers often push the boundary's and become "Dicks being Vandals" and onwards towards "crims being crims" and now the cops have a bigger mess to deal with.....The officer at the end of the phone went quiet and said he would send someone when he got the chance....

I dont know if anyone actually came but thats beside the point. Point is, if kids are taught proper boundary's when they start pushing, they dont push so far past the boundarys that we have to move the boundarys to get them back.
    I like the cut of your acquaintance's gib
    dirtyhabit, timattalon and Jexla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I like the cut of your acquaintance's gib
    Very sharp cut, I must agree.

Exactly!
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Actually, if teenagers were harassing traffic, someone should get out of their car and knock one or two on their arse.

But then the cops would show up.

Save a fortune in taxpayers money of you were just allowed to knock them on their arse.

What they were doing specifically (which beggars belief in all honesty as I saw them myself)

They would hide behind a parked car along our street just after a speed bump. When a car passed the speed bump and stated to accelerate, one of them would jump out in front of the car and slam their hands down on the bonnet giving the drivers a fright. Any normal person can see how this behaviour could end in tears VERY quickly, but these kids thought they were invincible and were laughing about it.

I know this because when they did it to me I let loose a chain of loud (and very descriptive) expletives questioning their heritage and suggesting they were not very bright.....Hence why we thought the police may be able to do something to prevent someone A) getting hurt or B) being arrested for a serious assault on a teenager (Minor?) as one or two of the drivers looked very much like they were going to "have a word" themselves....

One of the reasons we no have a dash cam in all our cars....

What they were doing specifically (which beggars belief in all honesty as I saw them myself)

They would hide behind a parked car along our street just after a speed bump. When a car passed the speed bump and stated to accelerate, one of them would jump out in front of the car and slam their hands down on the bonnet giving the drivers a fright. Any normal person can see how this behaviour could end in tears VERY quickly, but these kids thought they were invincible and were laughing about it.

I know this because when they did it to me I let loose a chain of loud (and very descriptive) expletives questioning their heritage and suggesting they were not very bright.....Hence why we thought the police may be able to do something to prevent someone A) getting hurt or B) being arrested for a serious assault on a teenager (Minor?) as one or two of the drivers looked very much like they were going to "have a word" themselves....

One of the reasons we no have a dash cam in all our cars....
    They were doing it round the corner from us but pushing out a shopping trolley just after you turned into the street from a busy road so the gas pedal was down. I just put the trolley in the back of the van and they came up with the expletives.

I just wished I still had the falcon with the two tone maseratti air horns I got from my old man. That would have scared the bejesus out of him. Dont have the falcon anymore, but the air horns are round here somewhere...just have to figure out where they will fit in the nissan March........It will just about go backwards when the horn is pushed I suspect.

I just wished I still had the falcon with the two tone maseratti air horns I got from my old man. That would have scared the bejesus out of him. Dont have the falcon anymore, but the air horns are round here somewhere...just have to figure out where they will fit in the nissan March........It will just about go backwards when the horn is pushed I suspect.
    I had the same horns in a VL commodore. I'm pretty sure they are louder than a shuttle launch. The compressor died but I still have the horns to hook up to an air gun to cheer myself up
    Grim likes this.

Dad told me the story of when he got them. They had just bought a brand new Ford Falcon so around the early 80s, and he owned a car parts store. He fitted them one weekend and forgot to tell mum. Next day or so she is trundling down Market st (narrow one way with a 10km limit) in down town Blenheim following a cyclist doing about 5km. She thinks she will give him a quick "peep" so he knows she is there and so he doesnt just ride out in front of her. BLAAAAAARRRRRTTTT!!!!!!. She got as big as a fright as the cyclist did. Just about wet the seat of a brand new car. Boy did she have words with dad when she got home........Not impressed. But the horns stayed on that car til he sold it nearly a decade later.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    When a Policeman doing his job gets shot at multiple times as occurred in South Auckland today then I say it is time to arm the thin blue line and the fucktard that does that sort of shit deserves to have a some well placed lead returned in his direction.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    When a Policeman doing his job gets shot at multiple times as occurred in South Auckland today then I say it is time to arm the thin blue line and the fucktard that does that sort of shit deserves to have a some well placed lead returned in his direction.
    Proper jail time will fix it. Put the bad fuckers in jail for 15 years instead of 6 months and you'll be seeing less of these dropkick fuckwit wannabes.

Unfair? Too long? Sorry, I have run out of fucks for these crackhead parasites

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Proper jail time will fix it. Put the bad fuckers in jail for 15 years instead of 6 months and you'll be seeing less of these dropkick fuckwit wannabes.

Tommy you are far too lenient. A one way ticket to Auckland Island in the middle of winter with nothing to aid the preservation of life is more appropriate for that idiot and others like him.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I gotta pay for that...I would rather they were shot myself.
    sako75 and Maca49 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.