Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    sidney -have you got any bloody idea whatsoever about the realities of case management -youre ratios are fucking laughable .i have communtiy based colleagues who case manage up to 20 persons at any time and frankly theyre run off their bloody feet! jesus wept- to renew a recent quip["allsmoke no hangi!. case management properly executed requires unlimited resources and minute attention to detail ,cause beleive me ,one small oversight and the whole lot willgo down the dunny .been there done that more than once ,and humble pie aint my fuckin meal of choice
    number 2 sidney -if a bloody individual does not want to change ,nothing ,i repeat nothing will make em change ,despite all the optimists in this firiggin world holding hands and gently farting on em.
    you can quote all the statistics hypotheses etc etc you like but im coming from butt ugly naked unadorned humanity at its lowest point and my own paddling in it for four decades.
    gadget I bleive in -i know him ,Ive seen him in action ,and when it comes to good old fashioned plain garden commonsense he has it in spades,unlike a lot who profess to be expert in this subject(that incidentally is not a crack at you OK>

Oh Kotuku.....mate.......if i could get all of that printed on a t-shirt i would mate.....priceless!!!!!!!!
    sako75 likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

As a high media case, look at the teenager who attacked the lady at the ATM machine. The woman who came to her rescue is in hospital with serious head injuries. As an aside she has been gifted a large some of money by some very caring people either through generosity or feeling of guilt. This should not be seen by the judicial systems as compensation for what she is going through.

Now to the scumbag offender (and his mate the getaway driver)
    Is this his strike one?
    Will he be given a group hug and placed back in society?
    Will he do a short stint with a warm bed and 3 meals a day?
    Who deems him fit to go back into society if he has not reformed during his short stint?
    What is there to prevent him from getting more aggressive in future attacks?

I believe that he should be detained until such a time his victim is fully recovered, and living their normal life, then carry out the sentence from that date.
    If the victim never fully recovers then he/she is never released. If the prisons are overloaded, stop wasting money on 1080 etc and build more prisons.

As kotuku says, if they are bad, they are bad. There is no deterrent. If the risk of a death penalty does not stop murders or drugs dealing in other countries then nothing will
    Last edited by sako75; 26-09-2014 at 02:28 PM.

When I say "until such a time his victim is fully recovered" I mean from physical injury or severe emotional distress (Kotuku can be on the assessment panel).
    Not like the Queenstown taxi driver who says he cannot work at night any more because a off duty copper racially abused him. The copper paid him out $400 as ordered by the court FFS

Fuk....ive been called 'scottish' & 'irish' and i didnt get a sausage!!!!!.....not even a pint!!!!!!!!.....now wheres that lawyers number?
    veitnamcam, Pengy and ExPoh75 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Fuk....ive been called 'scottish' & 'irish' and i didnt get a sausage!!!!!.....not even a pint!!!!!!!!.....now wheres that lawyers number?
    But that wouldn't be an insult, that would be talking you up.
    veitnamcam, Savage1, 308 and 1 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    But that wouldn't be an insult, that would be talking you up.
    To true GM
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Ouch!
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Oh fuk......just scored another own goal........
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Yup
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

It's OK Scouser, I don't think anyone has noticed.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

sidney -have you got any bloody idea whatsoever about the realities of case management -youre ratios are fucking laughable .i have communtiy based colleagues who case manage up to 20 persons at any time and frankly theyre run off their bloody feet! jesus wept- to renew a recent quip["allsmoke no hangi!. case management properly executed requires unlimited resources and minute attention to detail ,cause beleive me ,one small oversight and the whole lot willgo down the dunny .been there done that more than once ,and humble pie aint my fuckin meal of choice
    number 2 sidney -if a bloody individual does not want to change ,nothing ,i repeat nothing will make em change ,despite all the optimists in this firiggin world holding hands and gently farting on em.
    you can quote all the statistics hypotheses etc etc you like but im coming from butt ugly naked unadorned humanity at its lowest point and my own paddling in it for four decades.
    gadget I bleive in -i know him ,Ive seen him in action ,and when it comes to good old fashioned plain garden commonsense he has it in spades,unlike a lot who profess to be expert in this subject(that incidentally is not a crack at you OK>

Oh please if you are going to get excited you should learn to read first...... you might notice I said per annum... not at once......

2 its not perscriptive, its descriptive... so try not to get your fanny pack knotted...

3 if the average length of sentence is around 6 months (which as I understand it is about correct), for a 20 case load pa, then would have 10 on the go at once.

4 you cannot definitively talk about case load numbers until the amount of workload for each case is defined, and we haven't done that yet have we?

Finally in reference to your obvious change/suitability issues.... are you serious?... that goes without saying... not everyone is suitable nor will be...

Of course the system has to be designed, but we don't work this way in justice yet.... there may some benefits to thinking about the concept though... that is if we can think conceptually rather than focussing on the details which aren't worked out yet...

Can you print that on your t-shirt.....

As a community case manager I have to agree with you. Some of our case managers have up to 40 clients to look after. The system is so under resourced.

As the old saying goes...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    gadgetman likes this.

What doesn't change is that scum, whether it is scum that kills women while they are working or scum that cracks the skull and causes a brain bleed to a good woman helping out another elderly woman being robbed or scum that kidnaps the newly born child of a woman in a maternity hospital and that scum just like the scum on a shower floor needs to be cleaned up and in my opinion preferably permanently removed.

Personally I'd like to see the introduction of conscription.

I must emphasise that it's not a panacea for society's ills, but it does instill a sense of discipline, responsibility, self respect, teamwork, pride and a respect for authority. Learn how to push themselves beyond what they thought was possible, learn skills that they didn't have.

For those who are ineligible (physical, objectors etc), a model similar to Germany's Zivildienst where non-soldiers would serve the community working in retirement homes, hospitals etc. I am aware that Germany no longer has a conscript army.

Of course I don't expect everyone to agree with me, it would be expensive to implement initially but I think that in the long term society would benefit from a skilled, productive, professional and caring young generation.

no im not printing anything on a Tshirt -merely pointing out to your good self that some of your hypotheses are well wide of the mark.its obviously slid home -the tone of your replies and the rising sarcasm suggests to me the emergence of the cunliffe style defence.
    lets just lay it to rest eh -its run its course .
    Scouser likes this.