Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: anyone acquiring or thinking of another shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by lophortyx View Post
    guncity acquired a lot of Rizzini shotguns in a deal.they have been selling them at very good prices compared to the UK or USA. although these are new guns, my guess is they were manufactured 5-6 years ago,hence the need to shift them on.personally i like the rizzini's,i must do as i have bought 3 of them in the sub gauges from GC. they are well made. i would check the gun over making sure the serial numbers match on the parts perhaps do i little research on date of manufacture etc. this can all help if you want to haggle on price.
    so you,d be the man to ask then.
    how are they functionaly are the mobile chokes well made and and do the mike out close to spec??

the 16 ga i bought had fixed chokes,1/4 and mod.the 20ga and 28ga are removable.i don't tend to alter my chokes much and i tend to shoot these chokes.i have patterned these chokes on 7.5, and 6 shot,they gave great patterns.i have not miked them.the round body EL is a very nice style of gun,but the Arum is practically the same,just not as good on the wood,but for the price still excellent,and not as much hand finishing as the Artemis(Deluxe) models.they compare favourably with the Beretta's,and have more bling for your buck.
    gsp follower and MAJOR F like this.

I have a fair, U/O 16ga,was custom made for me, love it, one of the Fair 40th anniversary shotguns.
    Just got a smoking deal, on a John Dickson & son, SXS in 20 bore, build papers and info from 1958, for giving up my home, for a couple moths to a guy who's house was fire damaged, in the big fort McMurray wild fire we had up here, I was In New Zealand, and he need a place to stay for a bit, till he got repairs done.
    First round of skeet got 18, second got 22, so I am very happy. I shoot gun down, so the last two stations are tough to get up fast enough.
    gsp follower likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    I have a fair, U/O 16ga,was custom made for me, love it, one of the Fair 40th anniversary shotguns.
    Just got a smoking deal, on a John Dickson & son, SXS in 20 bore, build papers and info from 1958, for giving up my home, for a couple moths to a guy who's house was fire damaged, in the big fort McMurray wild fire we had up here, I was In New Zealand, and he need a place to stay for a bit, till he got repairs done.
    First round of skeet got 18, second got 22, so I am very happy. I shoot gun down, so the last two stations are tough to get up fast enough.
    im green despite the 16,s ammo woes here i love it still.
    agree twice now ive shot the overheads from halfway to the shoulder [ once the hip]

I bit the bullet so to speak and grabbed a Benelli M2 in 12gauge....... only regret is not buying it sooner! Im absolutely sold on the benelli and won't go back!I'm in the process of trying to sell my O/U Churchill 205 sporter which was used for Clays only and one opening weekend for only $700 so I can pay for my new Marlin 336 ss.

the benelli M2 is a great gun especially for the one shotgun does all.i would get the wood version,same price, better resale, and it looks a hell of a lot better. on the Rizzini front, i meant to mention, as a lot of these guns were remained, ie sent back to the factory, some are cased and some are without, if you are buying a gun without a case, this represents about $500 worth of value.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    im green despite the 16,s ammo woes here i love it still.
    agree twice now ive shot the overheads from halfway to the shoulder [ once the hip]
    Yea I like my 16ga, I will make you even greener, my main field gun, I use for ducks and canada's, is an older Remington 1100, 16ga semi, have a ribbed, full choke barrel and a modified non rib, I have a Mec press and roll my own, much cheaper for the 16 and 28ga to reload.
    If your interested in a Fair 16ga, u/o I have two, a jubilee prestige in NZ and my 40th in Canada, the Prestige will come up for sale, once get the 40th back.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Yea I like my 16ga, I will make you even greener, my main field gun, I use for ducks and canada's, is an older Remington 1100, 16ga semi, have a ribbed, full choke barrel and a modified non rib, I have a Mec press and roll my own, much cheaper for the 16 and 28ga to reload.
    If your interested in a Fair 16ga, u/o I have two, a jubilee prestige in NZ and my 40th in Canada, the Prestige will come up for sale, once get the 40th back.
    green no blue yes
    i once carried a 1100 26 inch multi choke 12 quail hunting for a day.
    my arms still havent unstretched back to thier normal position.
    plus im a lefty