Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ranger m5 inertia opinion?

if its aiything like the ranger 870 rip offs they,l be over wieght unreliable and generaly shite.

Consider the Franchi Affinity. Its very very, very similar to an M2.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    if its aiything like the ranger 870 rip offs they,l be over wieght unreliable and generaly shite.
    the wife has one, so does her dad. no issues at all
    it wont win any beauty contests or be the sort of firearm that gets handed down through generations but they are happy with theirs

each to thier own but i prefer not to have crap if i dont have to.

I've had a couple of the 870's, they are a little heavy but honestly the one I have now is probably my favourite gun, put hundreds of rounds through it, gets thrown in sand water etc never cleaned and it's never had a single fault...

franchi is a good idea

go buy a fabarm. best semi 12 i have ever owned

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    go buy a fabarm. best semi 12 i have ever owned
    +1
    gsp follower likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    I've had a couple of the 870's, they are a little heavy but honestly the one I have now is probably my favourite gun, put hundreds of rounds through it, gets thrown in sand water etc never cleaned and it's never had a single fault...
    if its the remy 870 true but those gun city rip offs are heafty pieces of chinese made shite with dubious reliability.

if they made a lefty 20 gauge fabarm id buy it.
    im seriously eye balling the akkar triple barrel 26 inch barrelled 20 gauge but i want to heft one before pushin the button
    it would solve any future mag plugin law problems at three shots dubious if over three are good anyway for me.
    [ATTACH]95179[/ATTACH ]in due course i shall feed it some of this starting with summer paries and maybe mallards.
    it only took 9 months to get here
    still it wont/dont kick as much as the full ounce load.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gsp follower; 16-09-2018 at 05:43 PM.

It's a ranger, no issue the weight doesn't really bother me either..no reliability issues at all.

A fabarm is way out of my budget...

It's a ranger, no issue the weight doesn't really bother me either..no reliability issues at all.

may you always stay young healthy and oblivious to heavy guns then gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    if its the remy 870 true but those gun city rip offs are heafty pieces of chinese made shite with dubious reliability.

if they made a lefty 20 gauge fabarm id buy it.
    im seriously eye balling the akkar triple barrel 26 inch barrelled 20 gauge but i want to heft one before pushin the button
    it would solve any future mag plugin law problems at three shots dubious if over three are good anyway for me.
    [ATTACH]95179[/ATTACH ]in due course i shall feed it some of this starting with summer paries and maybe mallards.
    it only took 9 months to get here
    still it wont/dont kick as much as the full ounce load.
    I did have a GC 870 as my first shottie and have to say that once I got it's initial feeding issues sorted (about 10 minutes with a gunsmith) it worked flawlessly and pointed extremely well. I did very well with it. The second owner liked it so much he bought the short barrel version as well. I liked the weight as it reduced recoil, conservation of momentum and all that.

Just man up and buy a 12gu Fabarm. With their gas system and compressible piston they are very soft shooting and quite light. I've seen a few pop up in leftie config, been tempted to get one for the girl.
    Bob Da Browning likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Look at second hand. I bought a Fabarm that had already had many 10's of thousands of rounds through it. Looks rough but functions extremely well. Only time I've had an issue was foliage from the maimai getting caught in the action. That would have to go into the operator error category though.

my fabarm was $850 c/w mag extension. camo finish on the stock was worn but apart from that its mint. shoots any weight projectile and is also rated full choke with steel.

So I was in christchurch Sunday and somehow I ended up owning a "ranger m5" got a not too bad deal. To my surprise despite all the talk of "development" etc being done by guncity on these shotguns making people think this is they're own design, it is in fact a rebranded asi ultramax and it's made in Turkey not china.
    The machining of the reciever and bolt are as good if not better than my stoeger, fit and finish is pretty decent and a lot better than I expected. Furniture is comfy but a little on the toy plastic side of things, nevertheless seems sturdy enough. Yet to put any rounds through it I'm currently chilling on the couch manually cycling the action to smooth out any high spots.
    Will update after its first outting. Have machined an oversized charging handle already, the supplied one is rather midget and a little sharp.
    csmiffy likes this.