Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Shall I make a start..?

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    Nop, that is no good place for shooting. This could be the 8th rule. "Don't go shooting in a place where other people are driving, walking, biking, speed boating etc"... but as Munsey says even if its a narrow strip, its a very long area and probably there are some good safe spots somewhere that I don't already know

A very cheap one.. can be even single shot Are you a gunsmith?!

I am a NZCTA Coach & often come across guns that are for sale when helping to fit new guns or upgrades for other shooters. Have you tried Gun City as they have some very good Japanese import semi auto shotguns cheap like $199 cheap for recoil operated ones, you just have to get one choked to suit what its main use will be.
    gadgetman likes this.

If you get yourself a shotty we (South Island Sporting Clay Shooters ) are running 2 days of Sporting, one Old Style Simulated Field- the old way it started, and on Sunday more of a new fashioned Sporting Clays day. THey will both be very suitable for everyone to shoot.
    Ill put more details on the site for interested shotty fans, but it is the 29/30 March and being held up Rakaia Terrace Rd. at Riverlands Farms.
    It is the 1st of the 'duck shooters style of events in late March/April in the Canterbury region I gather. Absolutely perfect for new (ish) shooters to attend with no pressure and lots of laughs!!
    CHEERS!!

Cheers.

Name:  IMG_6168.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  111.2 KB

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by madds View Post
    If you get yourself a shotty we (South Island Sporting Clay Shooters ) are running 2 days of Sporting, one Old Style Simulated Field- the old way it started, and on Sunday more of a new fashioned Sporting Clays day. THey will both be very suitable for everyone to shoot.
    Ill put more details on the site for interested shotty fans, but it is the 29/30 March and being held up Rakaia Terrace Rd. at Riverlands Farms.
    It is the 1st of the 'duck shooters style of events in late March/April in the Canterbury region I gather. Absolutely perfect for new (ish) shooters to attend with no pressure and lots of laughs!!
    CHEERS!!
    Timing is off again Madds. I will be head skinning a massive 14pt red from my block around then.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

As they say: YEAH RIGHT!!!!

R93
    As they say: YEAH RIGHT!!!!
    You can be the pessimist, I will remain the optimist

I am sure you will, and so you should. A pessimistic hunter would be the worst type ever!!.
    It is very hard to motivate you and Ken to come to a Sporting shoot though.
    I live in hope!!

R93
    I am sure you will, and so you should. A pessimistic hunter would be the worst type ever!!.
    It is very hard to motivate you and Ken to come to a Sporting shoot though.
    I live in hope!!
    Got the F3 back from some mods so I will be along as soon as I get some time.
    New job on the horizon is 2 on 2 off so I will be looking for stuff to do and will definitely join the new club. Just bought a couple acorn traps for a song, so I almost have enough gear to set up my own sporting shoot Ha Ha
    Will need to do some practice so I dont start back in Z grade.

Well, after the guitar that I've already bought ... it looks like I WILL make a start soon with a shotgun. I talked with DOC ranger and if my understanding doesn't let me down he said I can go hunting hares, rabbits, geese with a shotgun in DOC land and suggested "Waimakariri area" and the following link

Where to hunt: Hunting in North Canterbury and Arthur's Pass

So I guess "Waimakariri area" is considered a wider area around Waimak, actually North Canterbury, not only the riverbed.

Wish me good luck.
    Cheers