Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 3 Post By 40mm

Thread: Shooting School recommendations please

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9

    Shooting School recommendations please

    Hi Mates. I am newbie here and just started trap shooting DTL a month ago. Using Beretta right now. I live in Hamilton and after shooting school recommendations near Hamilton. I am thinking to get some professional coaching for DTL.

  2. #2
    Member Marty Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    2,550
    What club do you shoot at? Pretty sure most outfits have guys that will give you guidance and coaching if you ask.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    What club do you shoot at? Pretty sure most outfits have guys that will give you guidance and coaching if you ask.

    I shoot at Waikato Clay target club. Currently I am practicing 5-6 days in a week. I don't think so without a professional coach anybody else will come every day to coach.

  4. #4
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    19,546
    See if Blackie at Loaded.NZ still does some coaching.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    What club do you shoot at? Pretty sure most outfits have guys that will give you guidance and coaching if you ask.
    Nah, every old mate and his dog has a different opinion on what is right or wrong and most of them have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Nav.sidhu View Post
    I shoot at Waikato Clay target club. Currently I am practicing 5-6 days in a week. I don't think so without a professional coach anybody else will come every day to coach.
    Really? I thought Thursdays and Saturdays were the only days they are open for practice?

    Or do you mean you are practicing at a different location?

  7. #7
    Member Marty Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Nah, every old mate and his dog has a different opinion on what is right or wrong and most of them have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
    Ill have you know that I resemble that remark (-:
    WallyR likes this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    See if Blackie at Loaded.NZ still does some coaching.
    Loadednz is about 91KMs from Hamilton. So going there every evening will not be suitable.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Nah, every old mate and his dog has a different opinion on what is right or wrong and most of them have no fucking idea what they are talking about.
    Lol seems like we have same thinking. ������

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Really? I thought Thursdays and Saturdays were the only days they are open for practice?

    Or do you mean you are practicing at a different location?
    Waikato clay target club only opens on Sunday now after day light. I practice somewhere else in weekdays.

  11. #11
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    1,436
    Fuck...... if you asked for "Shooting School recommendations " in the states you wouldnt be very popular.
    Hautapu, Cordite and outlander like this.
    Use enough gun

  12. #12
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Fuck...... if you asked for "Shooting School recommendations " in the states you wouldnt be very popular.
    Dang, beat me to it @40mm
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

    The Hedgehog Preservation Society

  13. #13
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Dang, beat me to it @40mm
    haha, maybe we are both on "the list" now!!!
    Use enough gun

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Fuck...... if you asked for "Shooting School recommendations " in the states you wouldnt be very popular.
    Lol..😂🤣😂🤣 not for that kinda shooting.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. School holiday shooting practice
    By GWH in forum Shooting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-01-2018, 03:41 PM
  2. Shooting mat recommendations?
    By Shamus in forum Shooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 12:48 PM
  3. Another shooting at a school in America
    By Toby in forum Off topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 25-01-2013, 06:52 AM
  4. another sick school shooting in USA.
    By sakokid in forum Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-12-2012, 10:28 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 06:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!