Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What steel ammo for U/O for ducks

I been using a 28ga for hunting and thought my days of using it may have been over once the non toxic applied to all guages...............theres is hope after all
    Micky Duck likes this.

From the sounds that the ammo company’s here in the uk are making about there new biodegradable wads, and moving to steel the choices should be improving in choice of ammo. So it should be heading your way in a few seasons

https://www.gunsonpegs.com/articles/...-bio-wad-video
    Micky Duck likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Falcon 2 3/4 32 gram no3 steel in a o/u for me, a friend has a hulgu sxs and uses the black cloud ammo. As an aside he can reload nearly twice as fast as I can, the action of a sxs is so much faster than the o/u.
    Micky Duck likes this.

MH you will find the 30grm stuff works great too.

man id forgot how shit it is shooting 12 gauge steel thru a light gun even when its open choked at patterning time.fucked shoulders really lovin it ......not
    id buy bismuth if it isnt to rediculously priced but most agree bismuth has a lot of flyers that dont even reach the target or break up on contact .been reading up on boss copper plated bismuth shells

find some 30-32grm loads.....and add some weight to your gun.....there is 11oz of lead shot up hole in buttstock of my pump...it really makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    find some 30-32grm loads.....and add some weight to your gun.....there is 11oz of lead shot up hole in buttstock of my pump...it really makes a difference.
    shamefuly 30m gram/31 grams what im using and i still grimice.
    will invest in a better class of recoil pad if neccesary. limbsaver or the like
    anybody know of a 30/32 gram 2 3/4 inch 12 gauge bb load

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    I understand target products in Timaru (falcon ammo) will be selling bismuth cartridges (and shot for reloaders) for this coming gamebird season.I further understand the shells will be marketed at approximately half the cost of currently imported bismuth cartridges.
    Hopefully they cater to sub gauge users, would love some for my 28ga.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Info states 12 ga Bismuth ammo only,in size 4 shot only.Shot will be available for reloaders but not loaded cartridges in other gauges only in 12 ga.
    from target products
    We do have some bismuth coming our way quite soon. For reloading it can be ordered via Gunworks in Christchurch or any other reseller of reloading gear you could approach depending where you are. Looks like it’s being sold for $55.00 a kilo at retail which is a pretty fair price considering what it costs. It’s just one size #4 at this stage we will have available and it will be tin plated bismuth shot. We are considering a 12 gauge bismuth waterfowl cartridge of around 34-36 grams a bit like our SP 36 lead load equivalent but things are still being worked on so nothing finalised right at the moment. It has a different density to lead of course so we have to start with the basics and learn a bit about it. It will be more expensive but that’s the nature of the cost of bismuth which I think everyone already knows. It will be a Falcon brand cartridge loaded by us in Timaru. No idea at the moment when the first production will be run but things might happen quite quickly before opening day
    Micky Duck likes this.