Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Disrespecting the Pheasant

Seems kinda unfair to all be debating how and why this guy shoots 200 plus birds given he has no opportunity to give us his side of the story. Did you confront him in the field El B you must have given how strongly you feel about it. You may respect good dog work more than him but you cannot assume he disrespects pheasants based on numbers shot. All this sais to me is his method of hunting pheasants is more effective than yours

prove to who ?
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

no names mentioned Prattpoint so who it is could be anybody and it is 300 plus not 200 birds . I would ask what would you do with 3.5 pheasant a day everyday of the hunt season . I have to post a question I would like to pose as Im busy as hell at work but will !! have a great weekend guys shooting only what you need within reason

I don't know why you're so upset El B. I shoot 600 wild pheasants every season

I also have a great Nigerian investment fund, you should join! You're clearly gullible enough!
    Last edited by Pointer; 30-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

"only what you need within reason"...don't be such a patronising git, El B...
    Pointer likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

as a non dog hunter non bird shooter i could say your disrespecting the pheasant by disturbing them with your and your dogs presence.
    but i won't because there is already too many wingeing pricks in this country trying to ruin everyone else's pastimes and sports.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Spook and EeeBees like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    "only what you need within reason"...don't be such a patronising git, El B...
    which is what this thread is about "only what you need within reason " not hundreds .
    I think my point has been made loud and clear .Dont hunt with the mind of a ferret as your kids may want to have a go in the future -nough said

With respect Brian, you put forward your opinion on the matter and then asked for members to offer theirs. If you only wanted opinions that were the same as yours, then perhaps you should have specified such.
    veitnamcam likes this.

It should be remembered that most of the areas with very healthy populations of pheasants are not self sustaining. Most of your pheasant populations are enhanced on an annual basis courtesy of people criticised here for shooting birds in large numbers. It's easy to be ethical when you're not paying the bills.

Liesel
    Pointer and teFerrarri like this.

- Even the very spot he is off shooting at this weekend? Say it ain't so!
    Last edited by Pointer; 30-05-2014 at 09:04 PM.

yes he is indeed mopping up the escapee's from the slaughter grounds next door.....
    Pointer likes this.

Its interesting to see the attitude of different people here . As many have clicked to like the original statement tjere is some hope left! With many others pray people with your attitudes dont came to an area near you soon .

Well, if they did come to my locale they are going to be sorely disappointed because to limit out on your daily bag is nigh on impossible...unless you stood on the neighbouring land next to some of the preserve drives...which in my mind is hardly roughshooting, eh what? I want wild birds...not pampered escapees...

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    I think my point has been made loud and clear .Dont hunt with the mind of a ferret as your kids may want to have a go in the future -nough said

Geezewayne, well if you hunt like a ferret you will kill to waste...the pheasant is not an endangered species, thousands of the little beauties are hatched each year by passionate pheasant growers...I do not think the generations to come are going to scorn our outrageous wanton abuse of the bird when all good shooting souls follow the regs to the letter...

after being flushed and shot at for a month I'd be reluctant to call them pampered.
    shooting the fringes will only give you and your dog an increase in encounters not so much an easy bag limit.... for many that is reward enough.