Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: flying a pup inter island

We looked into the pet bus but that was a two day trip for the animal and actually costs more than a four hour tour of nz on the plane . And as said would rather the trip be as fast as possible for less stress on the pup.
    We personally are very excited to be getting a new family member and are counting down the days as it is so the thought of having to wait even longer for the pet bus to arrive , and then we would still have to drive an hour and a half to meet the bus , and the same again on the return home , just isn't tenable to us.
    Even if it was cheaper it still wouldn't be an option in our minds simply for the good of the animal.
    Ben-tard likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Good luck with your new pup FTX, very exciting times ahead
    Ftx325 likes this.

Fulla
    interesting I will be getting a pup from the south soon I hope. I priced a pup from oz, was 3k +gst! thats just the flight not buying the dog.

This young guy will cart just about anything...will be crossing strait both ways several times a year, next trip around 20th January, going to Christchurch, I think...really good with animals...probably up front in cab with him...usually tries for night crossings.

Name:  IMG_3165.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  397.7 KB

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Name:  5164C492-73D9-4BAA-A63A-FBFE03AFAC26.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  605.8 KB

Try this lady. I have inquired about getting a pup from ChCh to PN $180 look it up on FB.
    bigbear likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

The new owner off that pup has booked a flight, he was unaware of the price increases. That said i think it was about three and half hours and his pup was at its new home.
    Since then i have had a price for another person from Gisborne to Blenheim from "on route horse stud transport" and i thought it was very reasonable priced less around $150 dollors

Pets can travel as extra baggage on Air NZ. Quite cheap if you or someone you know is flying in the same direction. You can hire a crate from air NZ. Might be worth your while flying down there and back with the dog. Or just paying for it as freight. Worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipa View Post
    Pets can travel as extra baggage on Air NZ. Quite cheap if you or someone you know is flying in the same direction. You can hire a crate from air NZ. Might be worth your while flying down there and back with the dog. Or just paying for it as freight. Worth looking into.
    we looked at that option but was more expensive than flying down as freight . ours is all booked in now and due on the 25th ... can't wait
    bigbear likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work