Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gortinreagh Failte pregenant

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    July, what is she going to be doing until July...you must let the in whelp bitch gallop daily until she decides she can do so no longer...must keep her fit for her maternities...she must have good fresh air to breathe and keep the circulation healthy. A sluggish bitch, sluggish whelps...

Have you got a whelping box sorted yet? I like to advise the vet of the due date just in case anything unexpected might happen, also get a price for the worst case scenerio, ie caesar.
    Glad you ignored that bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Only gone a minute to write about the births and another fell out lol 7 little puppys
    Awesome, congrats Bro... another bunch of pointing whippets... might have to put my name down for one!

Have to say her birthing was a breeze ! around 5-6 hours to deliver 7 puppy's .Im just playing over cautious dad if there is any whelping as she moves around to get more comfortable.
    Ruff , yes you must get a one of these fine pups !!!
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Glad you ignored that bullshit!
    Silly me, I forgot...I do not know anything about looking after bitches in whelp...

Congratulations El B...
    Pointer, el borracho and Maca49 like this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

thank goddness John Pilcher arrived with a rather large whelping box he had made in his factory !! did the job a real treat like !!

congrats mate
    el borracho likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

a great result for your mission to increase the gene pool brian, like the pointer boost this year it will stem the red tide in pointer setter trials.

sadly for but a few that trial . But they will make bird hunting machines for others if theyre anything like their mother -the father i haven't really hunted with but john assures me he has wonderful work from him

How many pups in total EB? You are really going to hve you hands full for the next little bit.

Gives me hope to see working bread litters of Setters and Pointers that my next one(s) will be from working origin rather than show origin like now.
    Again well done
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

7 in total a Mikee . Yes best stick to proven working dogs . I have to start advertising for new homes soon -gotta see home many girl/boys i have!!

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Silly me, I forgot...I do not know anything about looking after bitches in whelp...
    Agreed. Actually, you probably do... I meet a heap of folks who claim to know all the fine details to whelping, nutrition, health and well being, but none of their dogs do any bloody thing they're told, often they have picked a solid pointing breed simply because it stops when it finds game because they couldn't stop anything not predisposed to! They use this as a demonstration of their control when the reality is they couldn't have stopped that dog from stopping even if they knew how

Get a dog with natural ability and train it well and you'll have something to be proud of. I'm not talking about me either.. I wish some of the real dog trainers would post more... Jamie Payton is a great example, his second dog, well his dad's dog but he trains and runs it in trials a GFCH at 3 1/2 years, a new record... His first dog is already titled and needs one more Challenge in Live Game to be Grand. That boy is in his early twenties and knows more about great dog work than most old farts, he knows bugger all about whelping, he knows enough about nutrition to know his dogs are healthy... is there more to know????? ... Want to stem the "Red Tide" the whelping box won;t help... get your shit together and start training better than Robyn... she's better than you folks, not your breed. Raise your game... let go of the old methods Don;t rely on the setter or a pointers predisposition to slow down on game, train the damn dog and capitalize on it. Stop relying on luck, train your dog, you have the stock... go to work!

LOL... just f*****g with yous... LOL (Sort of).

dont worry about the red tide ... all stains can be removed with the white bleach

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    dont worry about the red tide ... all stains can be removed with the white bleach
    LOL. I think it might take a bit more than Janola! But I do believe the stock we have here is good enough to win more, But the red dogs get a heap of work from extremely experienced trainers, but i mention Jamie to point out someone with their first two dogs can dominate if the work ethic is there. It must be tough for the city bound folks, but it can be done.