Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Lab to take me through to old man status

if your wanting a lab for your old age? after a GSP it sounds like your allready there
    gsp follower likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ONYVA View Post
    if your wanting a lab for your old age? after a GSP it sounds like your allready there
    harsh onya harsh

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ONYVA View Post
    I've had labs all my life and my father before me, then, after I was well into my fifties damned didn't I go get a Wirehair
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I met a guy duck shooting today with a Lab, and he said a very funny thing. He said "most spaniels die half trained, and most Labs are born half trained". I had a chuckle to myself.
    Pointer, Munsey and mrs dundee like this.

got a mate with a lab, he keeps telling me the same story,but the labs born 1/2 trained and my GSP will die 1/2 trained.

labs for life

Try Chris Hill Kaharoa kennels at Rotorua 073323737 has a breed history going back to the 1800 hundreds top dogs great nature light breed.

All pedigree labs have a breed history going back to the late 1800s.
    jakewire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    All pedigree labs have a breed history going back to the late 1800s.
    All dogs have a breed history going back further. Just depends which part of the Wolf you want

The start date was the day it went from a type to a standard......which included the name.

Why not go through to retirement with a nice spaniel instead of a Lab. I've not seen much of what I like in NZ on the Spaniel score since arriving, but very soon this fella from the UK is coming to our shores. He's from superb working strain with a multitude of British Field Trial Champions in his pedigree, Name:  Dalavich Argyll & Bute 22-03-2014 116.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  1.31 MBUK Kennel Club registered and one hell of a worker, He's not used or working anymore but still young, my hunting changed back to hare coursing from shooting so he took early retirement with me & I'm now on the lookout for Lurchers.
    Ruff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I met a guy duck shooting today with a Lab, and he said a very funny thing. He said "most spaniels die half trained, and most Labs are born half trained". I had a chuckle to myself.
    It's an oldie but a goodie.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Quote Originally Posted by 00 buckshot View Post
    Try Chris Hill Kaharoa kennels at Rotorua 073323737 has a breed history going back to the 1800 hundreds top dogs great nature light breed.
    Chris breeds some very nice labs, but his lines vary and some are exceptionally soft.. dare I say too soft. Be careful and be sure of what you're getting.

I know Chris well and he knows I hold this opinion.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Why not go through to retirement with a nice spaniel instead of a Lab. I've not seen much of what I like in NZ on the Spaniel score since arriving, but very soon this fella from the UK is coming to our shores. He's from superb working strain with a multitude of British Field Trial Champions in his pedigree, Attachment 50042UK Kennel Club registered and one hell of a worker, He's not used or working anymore but still young, my hunting changed back to hare coursing from shooting so he took early retirement with me & I'm now on the lookout for Lurchers.
    No doubt Kawhia has already been in touch to get your genes!

Got one coming from Peter jones.

I still think you have.