Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Mighty Mix

Mighty Mix

Hi all. Countdown aren't selling their Baxters kibble so I looking for a substitute. I also give my dogs Mighty Mix frozen concentrate and thought their biscuit maybe a good substitute for the baxters but concerned about the cost. The frozen concentrate is quite cost effective so I hoping their biscuits are the same. Any advice? Thanks

its a dog FFS they will eat just about anything and be fine.
    Brian, Marty Henry and XR500 like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I get mighty mix nourish for my lab..good stuff he hasn't complained .gets delivered so easy as
    Andygr likes this.

Yep my boy loves mighty mix biscuits and frozen concentrate. He's not a fan of just dry food but no issue with mighty mix. I'm not to fussed about cost but definitely seem to feed less than other brands and it's delivered rural.

Just be very careful with the frozen concentrate

yup. Mighty Mix for me. Concentrate and bikkies combo

Quote Originally Posted by Padox View Post
    Just be very careful with the frozen concentrate
    Why? Don't feed it frozen?

Just a bad experience with it

Only feed Bo Royal Canin Energy 4800 and could not be happier with it, it's pricey stuff but they don't need much of it and he's an absolute picture of health everyone who sees him comments on how healthy he looks including the vets . He's never had a "dog" smell to him, mouth included and he is active all day everyday, most days doing at least 5-10km+ behind my bike or ute. Worth a look and worth spending a few pennies on your best mate
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I'm glad to hear Bo is back to full health again
    that stuff sounds pretty grunty, I'm assuming it's 4800ME. I'm feeding Blackhawk working dog which is 4050ME 32% protein and 22% fat. Like you say they don't need to eat much compared to lower ME feed. I am feeding some dogs some 3500 ME feed at the moment and they need an extra 50g per day compared to the Blackhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Only feed Bo Royal Canin Energy 4800 and could not be happier with it, it's pricey stuff but they don't need much of it and he's an absolute picture of health everyone who sees him comments on how healthy he looks including the vets . He's never had a "dog" smell to him, mouth included and he is active all day everyday, most days doing at least 5-10km+ behind my bike or ute. Worth a look and worth spending a few pennies on your best mate
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Tell us more please. Was it a product issue?
    Don't wanna bag the product its prob got a lot better I lost 2 dogs turn into a bag of bones and died when I was talking to the vets sometimes later the vets said they had the right idea just the wrong mix they had the wrong type of fats so the dog ends up working off its body fat not the fats it's eaten

Don't wanna bag the product its prob got a lot better I lost 2 dogs turn into a bag of bones and died when I was talking to the vets sometimes later the vets said they had the right idea just the wrong mix they had the wrong type of fats so the dog ends up working off its body fat not the fats it's eaten
    sorry t hear.. an another note, i may need some to get rid of my own body fat lol
    Micky Duck likes this.

Met an old guy a couple of seasons ago running a female black lab during the pheasant season. Told me fed her only 3 big Mighty Mix biscuits a day as food. This even when she was pregnant. Poor dog was so sacred of leaving him and running in close. Seemed proud of fact she was very lean.

my old huntaway was a big dog and would maintain whatever weight he was at the time on 4 tux dog biscuits...the big triangle ones.....if he was fat,he stayed fat,if lean,stayed lean...Dads heading bitch you couldnt feed enough to keep weight on her,she was just a lean mean heading machine,super active whereas the huntaway was so layed back he was nearly asleep.
    for what its worth our dogs normally only get fed superier chunky brand dog roll...about 3" per dog per day...and a handfull of wee biscuits at night,just because Poppy being a pup still has the extra feed and Meg has a few too . we also have vets comment on how good of condition they are in.
    rugerman likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I feed my lab 5 biscuits in the morning and at night .if he's pinched food from the kids or the table he gets less.hes lost some weight now after the his mate the cat died.no more finishing off his bowl.so quick by the time you hear the sound of him eating the cats food its all gone .lol
    Micky Duck likes this.