Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Pointer and Setter Trials

i never be littled anyone at all Pointer please my read post and PM if you find something I have said . I have only mentioned the standard at events in NZ be it this or any other and the fact I do not like poly fluff -do PM and correct if you find something please
    And yes I agree 100 percent with your last statement !!!!!
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

You referred to everyone as dressed like 'labourers' and 'ditch diggers', please check your own posts before you deny it. Can you tell me why they dress like that?

Answer me this Pointer do you think there should no standards at all at a sporting events Pointer when competing ?

Stop avoiding the question. Why are they dressed like rural NZers and outdoorsmen/women?
    Toby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    You referred to everyone as dressed like 'labourers' and 'ditch diggers', please check your own posts before you deny it. Can you tell me why they dress like that?
    People turning up at events as that --no particular event or people -I did not identify any body at all -some chose to take that on themselves --a very big difference and that I stand by .I remeber an event I went to with a guy in poly fluff and stubbies lying down to shoot with the nags showing hahah a good example

It doesnt matter what people wear...please just take care and celebrate yours and everyone's beautiful dogs...because being without your beloved dog is just too painful.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Stop avoiding the question. Why are they dressed like rural NZers and outdoorsmen/women?
    answered already Pointer and properly .I would go past that answer tho and say social pressure probably has something to do with how people dress also now and what is pushed by manufacturers .I will give you an example I had this season meeting a guy on the road putting breaks on and apologizing for how he was dressed as he was going to Equine -I laughed and opened my door and said I wear them as a standard .
    But in saying that I would wear moleskins to -Tweed is just MY thing .

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    It doesnt matter what people wear...please just take care and celebrate yours and everyone's beautiful dogs...because being without your beloved dog is just too painful.
    would you think the same for the horse Hunt EESBEES a beautiful tradition . To think differently as I do can be very polarizing but I believe upping standards is a good thing not a bad thing -nothing other than that

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    answered already Pointer and properly .I would go past that answer tho and say social pressure probably has something to do with how people dress also now and what is pushed by manufacturers .I will give you an example I had this season meeting a guy on the road putting breaks on and apologizing for how he was dressed as he was going to Equine -I laughed and opened my door and said I wear them as a standard .
    But in saying that I would wear moleskins to -Tweed is just MY thing .
    No, they dress that way because that's what they are, rural NZers and outdoors folk. They're not pretenders. If you were to turn up in a shirt and tie, you would get compliments I'm sure. Pretending to be the reincarnation of Lord Ripon won't get you much admiration.
    gqhoon likes this.

So if they dressed in breks they would be pretending or a woolen vest as I wear they would be pretending==to be what ?? The last statement is to tall poppy stuff for me haha but I am glad we can agree on a collar and tie being a good and acceptable standard

And then come on a public forum and ask for a more practical alternative as tweed is too hot? Maybe ask the ditch diggers, they know what is practical and functional

cotton , light wool fabric , moleskin

haha Pointer I dont expect everybody to wear Tweed thats my bent there are many other different smart outfits one can wear --plenty

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    I remeber an event I went to with a guy in poly fluff and stubbies lying down to shoot with the nags showing hahah a good example
    Enjoy that?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Pointer do you think we should have a higher standard of dress from people than maybe what we see at some events or should people just come in whatever ?