Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Pointer and Setter Trials

Quote Originally Posted by Petros_mk View Post
    It was a good day out, enjoyable... Results should be out on PnS site soon I believe or FB...
    Just finished reading this write up on Sundays novice trial, fuck me im still none the wiser to how it went.

yes a decent write up of the days happening would have been helpful to all Im sure !! I will do my best when competing to give reasonable report if I can remember the day .There are a few on here that could contribute to these reports ...their contribution would be appreciated .

The write ups that I do take time and effort and I cannot always give account of all dogs as I am concentrating on my own stuff or not seeing others run due to the terrain .I hope they are appreciated and give a little over view of our days out .

I will have uploaded a new video for tomorrow of some new grounds we will hopefully use next week in our trials if bird are thin toward Taupo.

We saw 27 birds yesterday , lots of rabbits and a shit load of stinging nettle .Beautiful grounds and the mixed game bag will test many dogs steadiness around fur !!! You will defiantly enjoy these new grounds we might use
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Was it equine estate?

No and sorry but all details are have been suppressed by the secret intelligence service and some by the unintelligent service

Can't complain about that can we, where's the trials next week ?

18TH Will start at Taupo .I haven't been to the new ground they introduced myself but by all reports great running is to be had so lets hope we get a few chooks there to to make it exciting.
    In the next few hours I should have a video up of another ground -a bit greener than Taupo

are you attending any of the trials Kawhia to take photos or do a report for the mag ?

Yeah will go down for a look, maya won the Auckland gsp rough shooters today.

fantastic!! Helen will be buzzing

The Pointer and Setter clubs potential new playground for live game trials next week. I shot this yesterday with a few of the clubs officials and some retired and non competing dogs

Great footage Brian and some superb work from the dogs. Hopefully the recent rain and a drop in temps will see birds produced wherever the trials are held. Any access to potential trailling venues will be much appreciated Im sure

nice to have options for sure .lets hope with the two property's we gets some birds under nose

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    Just finished reading this write up on Sundays novice trial, fuck me im still none the wiser to how it went.
    It wasn't a write up, instead it was a polite way of saying that I won't write one...
    Its a personal choice not to....I'm sure there will be a write up in the P&S Club Magazine... grab yourself a copy...

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    yes a decent write up of the days happening would have been helpful to all Im sure !! I will do my best when competing to give reasonable report if I can remember the day .There are a few on here that could contribute to these reports ...their contribution would be appreciated .

The write ups that I do take time and effort and I cannot always give account of all dogs as I am concentrating on my own stuff or not seeing others run due to the terrain .I hope they are appreciated and give a little over view of our days out .

I will have uploaded a new video for tomorrow of some new grounds we will hopefully use next week in our trials if bird are thin toward Taupo.

We saw 27 birds yesterday , lots of rabbits and a shit load of stinging nettle .Beautiful grounds and the mixed game bag will test many dogs steadiness around fur !!! You will defiantly enjoy these new grounds we might use
    Thumps up on the new grounds... I can't recall a game trail in the past 4 years where 27 birds were seen on a single day...

Alot of people just read and follow the write ups here Petros -if they were all club member's I dont think I would bother to do a write up and post videos or photos as most would have been there on the day .
    I hope that those that read the commentaries and see the videos and photos here enjoy what is on offer and it might motivate some to join us in our endeavors of working towards better working dogs , having a good day out with other like minded enthusiasts .
    I hope we can by showing others imagery and commentaries that trialing is fun and not only for Setters and Pointers but also the continental breeds .
    There is land we use which would suit them well and I know some of those dogs if worked would win titles !!!
    Last edited by el borracho; 14-04-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petros_mk View Post

Thumps up on the new grounds... I can't recall a game trail in the past 4 years where 27 birds were seen on a single day...
    Yes Petros this area will give us plenty of action I hope and certainly test the dogs .Its an exciting piece of ground and beautiful to boot .
    The rabbits will see some exit quickly as they dart out of their hides in front of you and dog at speed . The ground is just a pleasure to hunt as you will see !! enjoy

Rain forecast through Friday and Saturday with strong winds -prepare for this !!! Also dont wear shorts at the new grounds if we go there as the stinging nettle will punish you and dog -carry antihistamines just in case it is needed --I went dressed as a ditch digger in the weekend and suffered the ill affects of fashion and stinging nettles lol
    Last edited by el borracho; 14-04-2014 at 10:48 AM.