Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Versatile hunting dog test

Ruff , the documents are for the running of the association or the running of trials or tests? If for the first then that could be questioned at the annual general meeting where members can request this information if they vote to do so !
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

GSP
    I wasn't going to reply to the slanderous drivel this man writes because there is obviously something wrong with him, but I am fed up with the lies he spreads about the VHDTA.

He is not a member, has never been a member and never will be a member. He has never been to a test and never will be welcome at a test, he is out to cause as much trouble as he can because I stood up for myself against him in the past. You can see how his rants put people off writing on these forums, and they are putting people off joining clubs - all clubs.

The VHDTA has a website with a General News section available for anyone to read. It has a members section with a password that allows membership access to ALL club information. If someone forgets their password they only have to ask, and my email address is clearly displayed.

Don't be put off joining and attending NZ Gundog Trials Assn's clubs events by this one person, do what you like with your dogs and enjoy them. There is no place in gundogs for hate mail, there is no place anywhere for it.

GSP, do you choose who can become a member and who can attend these tests???

GSP
    No. Anyone is welcome but must abide by the constitution and rules & regs.
    Would your club accept membership from someone who does nothing but piss all over it?

Just trying to put the puzzle together

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    GSP, do you choose who can become a member and who can attend these tests???
    I think in most clubs the executive have the power to refuse membership if feel it
    would detrimental to club or members.

Is that you Gail

Is what Ruff speaks about a matter of fact or not concerning the documentation ? Yes , concerning clubs they are by far the best way to progress most handlers confidence and dogs ability by assessing where they are at compared to other dogs and by the breed standards expectation . The trials are certainly a place of honesty and not to be taken as any sort of negative in my opinion - failure to to well just means you understand you have more work to do in the areas you haven't progressed well in .I myself have to work on areas of my very capable dog to bring on more consistency .Through a days hunt one will encounter both good and bad but 10-20 min performance also shows the faults readily .
    I don't believe Ruff's comments are trying to slander the sport or clubs -he is asking the questions and giving his opinion and if others have a contrary view best give it in response to his to make the things he speaks about more clear to either him or others if what is said is incorrect .
    The other side of the coin is we work with what we have and sometimes it isnt perfect for various reason but that doesn't mean change should not be striven for if it something better can be introduced --remember we are not professionals running clubs day in day out but passionate people trying to better our breeds abilities and all have fun whilst doing so

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    Is that you Gail
    Yes, Zharn. are you still up North or back in Auck

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    I don't believe Ruff's comments are trying to slander the sport or clubs -he is asking the questions and giving his opinion and if others have a contrary view best give it in response to his to make the things he speaks about more clear to either him or others if what is said is incorrect .
    The other side of the coin is we work with what we have and sometimes it isnt perfect for various reason but that doesn't mean change should not be striven for if it something better can be introduced --remember we are not professionals running clubs day in day out but passionate people trying to better our breeds abilities and all have fun whilst doing so
    The most sense you've made in months El B!
    upnorth uplander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdhundegsps View Post
    Yes, Zharn. are you still up North or back in Auck
    Im in Gulf Harbour

hahahah --Ive taken my pills and become a bore , give me time and ill go mad again ........... Im going to send you an alarm clock down so you wake up and come with your very nice partner to the trials !!lol

GSP
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Is what Ruff speaks about a matter of fact or not concerning the documentation ? Yes , concerning clubs they are by far the best way to progress most handlers confidence and dogs ability by assessing where they are at compared to other dogs and by the breed standards expectation . The trials are certainly a place of honesty and not to be taken as any sort of negative in my opinion - failure to to well just means you understand you have more work to do in the areas you haven't progressed well in .I myself have to work on areas of my very capable dog to bring on more consistency .Through a days hunt one will encounter both good and bad but 10-20 min performance also shows the faults readily .
    The fact is, he is not a member of the Assn and has no right to ask such questions.
    The slander is aimed at myself.
    Club matters and test regulations are for members and for AGM, they are not for discussion on an internet forum.

Gail and myself have travelled overseas on more than one occassion to watch various tests and to check that what VHDTA has set up is satisfactory for NZ.

The assn is not a member of Jagdgebrauchshundverband e.V.

Agreed club matters are club matters and not for a forum to bandy around and general business is best kept in an AGM format-the rules and regs and tests are not confidential subject matters one thinks ? I cannot see why parties interested cant pre-read requirements if posted on a club web site, I haven't had a look to see if they are but then again I personally have no need in this particular area of the versatile tests.
    The important thing is that someone is running them .I say this -a few do a shit load of work and whilst some may not like it that work should never be bad mouthed unless you yourself are willing to take over the plough and commit to doing it your self -its for the pure love of the sport and breed that the doers are doing and the rest of us can actually attend anything at all !!better to give thanks to them for their efforts
    GSP and Jagdhundegsps like this.