Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 2 Dogs shot - Clements rd

I'm not 'jumping on' the messenger, but he 'heard' a story that 2 'might' have been shot and 2 'might' have been poisoned or was that heat exhaustion?
    Difference between this and the 2009 FnH thread link that Kiwi Sapper posted is that 'Batch' the writer (whom many of us know) of the linked story actually saw the carcasses.
    If Chris was the person who saw them, then no one would be questioning this.

If the person who actually saw these dead dogs jumps on here with their first hand story, with location and times or someone like Lance from Sika Lodge advises, then the story might actually carry some weight.

As it is, there are no facts, just rumours.
    ebf, Kiwi Sapper and jord like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

R93
    Ok. Just thought there was more to it. I still take it there is no reason to shoot dogs on clements rd? Are there wild dogs there?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

No I didn't actually see the dogs but my mate that owns them did ,if you think its hear say just believe what ever you want .
    Gun control means using both hands

Did your mate own the dogs that were shot or the other 2?
    Wirehunt likes this.

Owned all 4 of them ,the 2 older dogs where left in the dog box while he went out with the younger pair.
    Gun control means using both hands

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Owned all 4 of them ,the 2 older dogs where left in the dog box while he went out with the younger pair.
    They were shot while he was hunting or just out for a walk? Where the dogs under his direct control when shot?
    Toby likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Ejected
    Sounds like a hard day on dogs. I assume the two in the box overheated? Alloy box?

Can we have the LONG version please, because I'm trying to get to grips with what has actually happened.
    Eg: Are they pig dogs or for deer? Were the 2 dogs that were shot under direct control of the owner as in within spitting distance or being used to hound deer like in Oz? What were the conditions the dogs at the car were left in? When did this all happen?
    It will make it a lot easier for everyone to get their heads around the situation.
    Thanks.
    Wirehunt, ebf, Toby and 4 others like this.

+1
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Can we have the LONG version please, because I'm trying to get to grips with what has actually happened.
    Eg: Are they pig dogs or for deer? Were the 2 dogs that were shot under direct control of the owner as in within spitting distance or being used to hound deer like in Oz? What were the conditions the dogs at the car were left in? When did this all happen?
    It will make it a lot easier for everyone to get their heads around the situation.
    Thanks.
    Somehow I don't think that is going to happen...I don't blame the OP for not divulging any extra information as he has only heard what happened, at the minimum second hand...if the two dogs did die from lack of care then the repercussions would be too great to be involved in any way.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

The problem is as the story stands it can be read as anything from - there' s a wack job running round Clements Road, to - some F#c*wit was chasing deer with dogs and paid the ultimate price.
    Now I'm sure the reality is somewhere in between but need more info to get there.
    Wirehunt and R93 like this.

+1 to barefoot. Could we have a bit more info Chris? Seems to be Chinese whispers at present.

Sent from my Browning