Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bloody grass

that sucks shit in every way wirehunt
    ive heard of barley grass going in between the toes aND THE DOG WENT TO A VET THAT LANCED A LUMP ON ITS SHOULDER TO GET IT OUT

years ago i had ross branks ,the vet at hornby as my vet.I vividly remember him telling the tale of a mates springer spaniel who got a barley grass in the paw.
    Ross &mate operated halfway through the night trying to prevent it reaching the poor buggers heart.
    Ross literally flayed the dogs leg to clear every blood vessel.It was eventually recovered from deep in the area under dogs front left shoulder.
    shortly after that i lost my dog to the big C,so lost contact with Ross.bloody excellent vet though ,wicked sense of humour.

just had one of my dogs to the vet to get 2 seeds removed from between toes. $60 including antibiotics, better than dead dog.

My dog went to the vet Mon, would not put any weight on right front leg and a lump on brisket.
    Paws/pads etc looked fine so i thought well maybe its a seed that has worked its way in.

Diagnosis was arthritis and a fatty lump for no reason??????

He is 10y old but dont see how he can go from never had a problem in his life to cant walk the next day with arthritis and same for the lump,not there one day there the next.
    On anti inflammatorys and he is back to acting like a pup when I get home but still doesn't sound right to me.?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Did they do a biopsy on the lump ? Fatty lumps not uncommon on dogs but does sound strange dog come up lame over night so to speak .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    My dog went to the vet Mon, would not put any weight on right front leg and a lump on brisket.
    Paws/pads etc looked fine so i thought well maybe its a seed that has worked its way in.

Diagnosis was arthritis and a fatty lump for no reason??????

He is 10y old but dont see how he can go from never had a problem in his life to cant walk the next day with arthritis and same for the lump,not there one day there the next.
    On anti inflammatorys and he is back to acting like a pup when I get home but still doesn't sound right to me.?
    Which Vet?? We use Halifax whose bills are coated in gold and come with a chair to sit down when you open them but are usually very very thorough
    FWIW ours get fish oil every night helped our other 2 when they got older so started it from when these 2 were puppies. It helps though when you can get them cheap
    Munsey likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Did they do a biopsy on the lump ? Fatty lumps not uncommon on dogs but does sound strange dog come up lame over night so to speak .
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Which Vet?? We use Halifax whose bills are coated in gold and come with a chair to sit down when you open them but are usually very very thorough
    FWIW ours get fish oil every night helped our other 2 when they got older so started it from when these 2 were puppies. It helps though when you can get them cheap
    Richmond one, might have to get ya to hook me up:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Richmond one, might have to get ya to hook me up:thumbup:
    No worries, I know someone who knows someone...............................
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yeah, the the long hair dogs suffer the worst. My short hair pig dogs dont seem to get seeds on them.

I just keep a nightly check on feet and ears, dogs are short haired. But they must be affected going by the amount of shit I accumulate in my socks on their nightly walkies

Ejected
    Luckily out of the 14 dogs around here there is only one slightly longer haired one. And she is a fucking good hunter to.