Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Joint meds/suppliments.

Joint meds/suppliments.

My old girl who has done incredibly well over the years, both for deer and avian. Especially being an interesting mix of boxer cross standard poodle.

But her joints are giving her a little strife.

I was using the product 4cyte which is amazing but at about $100 for 100mls I was wondering if anyone was givig or has used good natural supplements for dogs joints?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Technyflex

We use the above and have for 3 years. It works along with 1/2 a panadol twice a day.
    Has kept our 13 year old reasonably mobile although I fear time may be getting near
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

https://www.yourpetpa.co.nz/products...39543128981561

Try these guys, really fast postage. I see they have reduced their bundles as you used to get 2x200 ml bottles for $178

I also give my dog green lipped mussel powder which helps.

Just another thought,

I was told by the lady who does my dog rehab that you can use the horse 4cyte if the dog version is too expensive. The horse version is very concentrated and requires a much lower dose, she was unclear on the amount needed and that I should contact the 4cyte company for the recommended quantity
    Micky Duck and MCCPRO like this.

Awesome ill have a look at all of these.

It would make sense about the horse 4cyte will have gander

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

I use flex well products.

Penny is awesome to deal with.
    Glucosamine powder and a tub of msm powder.. use about 1/2 teaspoon of each for my lab..je has been on it for 8 years .
    Cost is about 50 dollars for the 2 tubs delivered.dependant on rural.last about 5 months each tub

To be used together
    rugerman and OPO like this.

Search the word flexwell on trademe you will see the white tubs.

Just started using a canine osteopath..... I had my doubts but the dog is better for it so there you go.

OPO
    some years ago my old stockagent came to look at some cattle and i commented that he was doing ok on the hills as previously he had struggled with his body that had seen better days. He said he'd recently started on deer velvet capsules and he felt 10 years younger, then added that they work good for dogs too (noticing my old Huntaway). I bought some and they made a real difference to her - suddenly jumping up onto the back of the truck and running around playing with the younger dog etc. a lot cheaper than the tablets the vets were selling me and the velvet capsules worked better too. maybe they don't work that good on every dog but i reckon i got another 2 or 3 working years from her
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

https://wildernessathlete.com/produc...thlete-new-dog

My pooch non hunting is on this. Tryed about 6 different products and this one worked out by far the best for her.
    I take there supplements as well and find they work very well for me
    Moa Hunter and MCCPRO like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Our local Mightymix rep got us onto their green lip mussel powder which I believe got us an extra few years out of our border collie.
    OPO and MCCPRO like this.

My old boy gets 1/4 panadol once a day, half a glucosamine tablet twice a day and now I'm giving him one colostrum capsule once a day. In a few short months he's gone from barely being able to walk without pain to stomping around the back yard like he owns the place. Still has trouble with steps though.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Bore View Post
    Just another thought,

I was told by the lady who does my dog rehab that you can use the horse 4cyte if the dog version is too expensive. The horse version is very concentrated and requires a much lower dose, she was unclear on the amount needed and that I should contact the 4cyte company for the recommended quantity
    So my 10 year old dog is still hunting well - she is on the equine 4cyte - she gets the 2x the small scoop of pellets on her evening meal. She is also on a Tumeric "golden paste" supplement that she gets once a day with her evening meal.

When I'm on the hill hunting and if it's been a big hard day I have a prescription for metacam for her. It helps her rest/sleep easier as she's not so stiff/sore and it also means she's ready to go again the next day!

The equine 4cyte is the same product as the canine - just has a different falvouring profile, I think it's chicken for dogs raspberry for horses.
    Was BINGO the name of the farmer or the dog?

beau dog is good, or there's a place in ashburton called 4 flax or 5 flax that make a good dog supplement (however the farts can kill)

hi guys have tried a few now cant really go past shark cartilage ... get human cause its in 750 mg per capsule dog dose 200mg