Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Male dog being pathetic over new bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Sounds like she’s living up to the name…and bring a right bitch..pun intended
    You be well rid of no use having a kid, you bit plus unwanted vet bills!
    I brushed the child snap off as maybe her getting a fright but to then go at me this morning rather visciously and unprovoked was a step too far. My dogs are also my family dogs so they need to be safe. It was like her behaviour done a complete 180 overnight I’m guessing she just has had enough of the chaos of a busy house/ farm. Dog2 was so obsessed with her he ran into a trailer trying to get to her and almost knocked himself out. It was carnage. She was very happy to see her mum again who told me she was basically wild when she first got her earlier this year and has needed a lot of work. I’m thinking a 1 on 1 home is better suited to her. I think I’ll start with a young male pup on a clean slate this time. Then they can get used to family life before moving into work life.
    Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.

good call...you gave her a go and recognized it wont work...better for her to go home than end up in an offal hole. as so many have done in similar situations over the years.
    Chelsea and RugerM77 like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    Well avoiding her getting an unwanted pregnancy in 6 months is going to be easy because she’s off back home. Unfortunately I think the chaos here was a bit much for her and we may be suited to an all boys team and her a quieter home. She snapped at the kid yesterday when he walked past her to come inside, literally tried to bite me in a pretty vicious fashion this morning. we were told she can be a bit growly but this was a bit more than that. Bitch1 doesn’t get along with her at all and is my top dog and has had to spend the last 2 days locked up, dog 1 and 2 who are both unfixed are not getting along at all since she came along and they are both hassling the shit out of her and I’m worried dog 1 is going to end up hurting dog 2 or worse they both hurt her.
    yup two cooks and all that
    you never se a more vicious fight than 2 bitches goin at it
    Micky Duck likes this.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Chelsea. A new dog can feel a bit cornered and not be sure of their place in the new home which always leads to a bit of chaos while it all sorts itself out. Like you say though, there can be some damage done while they are sorting it out which is best avoided if possible.
    A new dog will throw the whole hierarchy up in the air while they all try to resort their positions. It can brew for days before anything kicks off, then all it takes is a side look and it's teeth and hair in all directions.
    Lucky she has another home to go to

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out Chelsea. A new dog can feel a bit cornered and not be sure of their place in the new home which always leads to a bit of chaos while it all sorts itself out. Like you say though, there can be some damage done while they are sorting it out which is best avoided if possible.
    A new dog will throw the whole hierarchy up in the air while they all try to resort their positions. It can brew for days before anything kicks off, then all it takes is a side look and it's teeth and hair in all directions.
    Lucky she has another home to go to
    Her owner was already on the fence about rehomimg her because of how she can behave. She would try and bite her partner. Which I later found out. My number one priority was fitting into the family. We ended up locking all the dogs up so she could have space especially so the boys stopped hassling her. Yesterday she suddenly became really intense and the biting was quiet nasty. Someone told me she’s “happy snappy” it doesn’t matter how happy she is she will
    Snap out of the blue which I hate. I was patting her and went to lead her off and she just went silly and latched onto my arm in a real feral way growling and flipping. Absolutely unprovoked and unnecessary. My older bitch really didn’t like her and she has been a real handful all her life so I didn’t want to compromise her. We have never had behaviours like this when introducing boys but that unfixed butch made them all loose their minds.

@Chelsea just a thought, based on personal experience...

Dogs can mistake the smell of a UTI in a female dog as a heat cycle. If she is a few months out from her last heat, she may have a UTI, and I'd suggest you get her looked at as if left unchecked it can affect her fertility, and indeed her life if it is a bad infection. This can also make them behave oddly. My 2 cents
    7mmwsm, Bill999 and Micky Duck like this.

@Pointer, that’s an extremely useful piece of information that I didn’t know. Thanks.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    @Pointer, that’s an extremely useful piece of information that I didn’t know. Thanks.
    No worries flyblown. If it saves someone a pyometra, it was worth it.