Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree7304Likes

Thread: Photos of your dog

My wee grand sons new baby friend.Eigth weeks old,she s called Tilly.Name:  20220313_130451.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  123.3 KB
    Tahr, wsm junkie, rugerman and 6 others like this.

Me old mate Knox. 20 next year and he still gets around all right. Going a bit deaf but he’s never been the best listener anyhow. F**king useless at anything other than sleeping,eating, farting, and chasing possums and loves hanging out with mum at home way more than going on the farm but he still gets out with me for the odd day here and there. I reckon he’s got to be in line for one of the oldest Staffies in the world, never had any health problems, injured himself through misadventure a bit when he was younger but that’s about it. Took him hunting once in his life, with a mates pig dogs and he taught them all to bail possums so he wasn’t invited anymore after that.
    Name:  DC1D9054-97E0-40C1-8D3C-359A6A720D48.jpeg
Views: 566
Size:  3.42 MB
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Me old mate Knox. 20 next year and he still gets around all right. Going a bit deaf but he’s never been the best listener anyhow. F**king useless at anything other than sleeping,eating, farting, and chasing possums and loves hanging out with mum at home way more than going on the farm but he still gets out with me for the odd day here and there. I reckon he’s got to be in line for one of the oldest Staffies in the world, never had any health problems, injured himself through misadventure a bit when he was younger but that’s about it. Took him hunting once in his life, with a mates pig dogs and he taught them all to bail possums so he wasn’t invited anymore after that.
    Attachment 193405
    good to see ol Knox still kicking around, man you're right he sure can fart with the best of them
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Shit that's a good run Ryan, he sounds like a right dag
    Must be all that farting keeping him young
    Micky Duck and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

And the young buck.. bit of a poser
    Name:  IMG-20220327-WA0000.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  141.6 KB
    veitnamcam, rugerman, ebf and 8 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

lol ya just know his farts don't stink

My boy Scapa (named after Scapa Flow). Four months old at the moment. We’ve been working hard on those early stages of the Blueprint. A lot of work, but he’s shown great development already. Can be a stubborn wee bugger when he wants though
    Name:  40E92E3F-47EA-4FEC-B35F-11A1A092293E.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  580.7 KB

Spent a few weeks down the top of the South Island with the Wife and the dog, had a good look around and did plenty of great days hikes in the area, here a a couple of photos that I really liked from our last hike up Mt Isobel in Hanmer forest park. Love been in the mountains with the dog and this time of year the colours and light are amazing. Great country we live in to be able to have access to these areas.

Dog on the mountain looking for game
    Name:  Ziggy on Rock.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  501.8 KB

Dog on a Rock
    Name:  mountain dog.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  469.6 KB

We walked up from down there boss, how are your legs...
    Name:  where is the deer.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  392.3 KB

Maggie wasn't impressed when I showed her my roof tent set upName:  IMG_1233.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  1.85 MB

Here is my boy "helping" me out at work
    10kg as of last week and costing me a fortune in socks he seems to enjoy taking out into the garden and loosing

Name:  20220315_084042.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  698.9 KB

And his first big boy bone
    Son of a bitch they are expensive now

Name:  20220402_153421.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  2.31 MB
    Last edited by rugerman; 06-04-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Turned my back for 3 seconds.
    Name:  Resizer_16497941923710.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  460.1 KB

Poor fella had a bit of a rough trip. First run in with stinging nettle, bee stings and looks like a limp tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Turned my back for 3 seconds.
    Attachment 194585

Poor fella had a bit of a rough trip. First run in with stinging nettle, bee stings and looks like a limp tail.
    This pic makes me feel better about letting my Vizsla curl up on my sleeping bag back at camp
    Bobba likes this.

The ferret won

This is the second time this has happened… Every now and then we’ll get a resident ferret or three come setup nearby, usually when we’ve got a problem with mice (which we have had recently, along with rats). This means a stealth war of seek & destroy… because if there’s one thing you can’t do if you’re a ferret, is hide your presence from my Staffy.

Unfortunately when he tackles ferrets, he gets bitten. This is exactly the same outcome as last time, a day or so after the battle there’s a small lump, like a sting, then a few days later he grows a huge bloody abscess on his jaw. It started suppurating over the weekend, then broke through onto the surface last night.

Stoic dog he is though, lay there on the vet’s table this morning and allowed her to stick a bloody big aspirating needle into him, wiggling it around, sucking out pus. In and out, round and round. No drama. All good. I said to my teenager, mate you won’t even pop that dirty great chorb on your chin cos its too sore, diddums.

So, antibiotics and no hunting.

Just...say...the...word

Aw rest and treats sounds like the go then
    Sounds a bit like my old huntaway when he tried chewing a possum that wasn't quite dead and got a facefull of claws. Lucky no vet that time.
    I would think the reward outweighs the pain later. I hope you let him give it a good chew after it was dead.

Name:  20220420_161852.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  6.81 MB

Moki and a bit of kaimai venison. One of his best finds for me after a few months of no hunting. Winded it from a couple hundred metres and led me on to it to shoot at 20m. Lots of scraps for him that night
    rugerman, stug, Woody and 8 others like this.