Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Working/ hunting dog insurance FMG

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    My feral little kelpie x lab x jack Russell has become pretty handy on farm now and I utilise her every day. Moving on next season and will likely hire her as full time working dog on a small beef block so I’m looking at insuring her. I have thought about it many times but I need to get it done.
    Does anyone have their dogs insured? Who with? What’s the premiums like? Have you had to claim and how was the process?
    She is used for both hunting, working and pest control. Being used for more than one purpose I’m not entirely sure if they will cover her.
    Not being your typical working dog breed I wonder if they will cover her as a working dog. She has kelpie in there but I have had people say she looks staffy. She was dumped as a puppy and vets told us kelpie, lab, jack russell.
    I have missed the boat it calling FMG today but will give them and any other recommendations tomorrow.
    I’m hoping to get full cover for basically everything, injury, loss of use, death, vet cost/ surgery cover. Full replacement cover.
    Yup we have our working dogs insured with FMG
    Have had multiple claims throughout the years and never had a issue with them.
    I've heard some horror stories about other companies but can recommend Fmg with confidence.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and Chelsea like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    Wish I had insured my mutt Chelsea. He got cancer at 3.5 years and cost almost 2 k in vet bills just to sort out what was going on with him and then have him put down ( which they charged me for too......)

Not only do you have to deal with the heart ache of losing a very special dog, then the bills sting also to add some salt in there.
    Yeah this is what I want to avoid, I just lost my young horse. Racked up heaps of vet bills trying to fix her only for her to be put down and I’m left paying a huge bill for a dead horse
    Micky Duck likes this.

Not dog related, but I've had several claims through FMG on my lifestyle block and couldn't recommend them highly enough. Absolute pleasure to deal with and very reasonable come claim time.

I pay about $4500 per year for a bunch of policies
    (house,
    contents, cars, boat, digger, trailers, bikes etc) and have claimed nearly $20k for various things over the last few years.
    Micky Duck and Chelsea like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee