Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Vol Fire crew, who is one?

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    No can do with your mate. It has to be a 1st Responder CCE training. By re-doing 2 days a year (16hrs) you will have cover the requirements every 2 years

Can't tell you what brigade or it will blow my cover
    I did my course after our brigade as I was on baby sitting duties to let the wife do it. Some refreshers are day 2 and some are day 3. I found a brigade doing the day 3 refresher early to bring into alignment with our brigade
    yeah, he's bringing the course material or what ever the refresher package is.
    What i read was we need to do 8 hours refresher every six months
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    just done ours
    smidey likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

@Gapped axe @sako75
    there were some interesting discussions around the useage of the drugs and how we deal with recording of how much and which drugs we use. What did you guys come up with? Also, did you get GTN and chewable asprin as part of the pack? We didn't as it is part of the St Johns lifepack/phillips heart monitor item which we obviously didn't get.
    @sako75
    did you get your defib reconfigured to use the 3 lead?

Before administering any drug by IM or mouth you have to call the clinical desk on the 0800 number stitched on the front of the pack.
    There seems to be unlimited supply of expired drugs to practice with. We just get a 50mm crepe bandage and injected in the end then in the rubbish

Only use the 2 lead. Typical with the fire service there are no set rules from the top of the north to the bottom of the south and are made by the Area Manager

Before administering any drug by IM or mouth you have to call the clinical desk on the 0800 number stitched on the front of the pack.
    There seems to be unlimited supply of expired drugs to practice with. We just get a 50mm crepe bandage and injected in the end then in the rubbish
    yes of course, that's the process. that's not what i was referring to. What I am talking about is once you've used it, what recording is there for usage/stock purposes. Keeping track of usage so if items go "missing" it can be traced. St johns fill out their paperwork and record medicines used and restock for example.
    Only use the 2 lead. Typical with the fire service there are no set rules from the top of the north to the bottom of the south and are made by the Area Manager
    our lifepacks can be reprogrammed to show the ECG. They don't print but we can take a video on our phones to show the EMT etc what was going on before administering medicines so they can see what was going on before intervention.

Did you get GTN & chewable asprin?

Ahh hear what you are saying. There is no control over accountability for restricted drugs. We do a weekly station duty and keep a record of quantity but that is all

it was something that the St John trainer thought about during the course, they keep track but we have no recording at all haha

it'll be interesting to see how it all evolves but I'm happy about the situation of us being first responders. Our brigade has been tipped out to medicals for years so the St John MOU made no difference to what our brigade is sent to but now we have the tools do a meaningful intervention. Great for the community all round.

Just figured out that @BRADS and I were on the same QFF course in august. Seedy bugger he is....
    BRADS and smidey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerbox View Post
    Just figured out that @BRADS and I were on the same QFF course in august. Seedy bugger he is....
    Me and @Tuckerbox owning it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    223nut likes this.

You didn't go to Lava Bar did you.....

Quote Originally Posted by swellacott View Post
    You didn't go to Lava Bar did you.....
    Who doesn't? I reckon Swanee must have had shares in it with the endless babble about how we shouldn't go there.

Cfbt is such cool training

Sent from my workbench
    Last edited by smidey; 05-01-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Haha, last time I went down was for honours for our brigade and Ngongotaha..... didn't make it to town that night......

In other news, passed my ERD course, and doing my consolidation now.
    Got my Class 4L for the tanker and will be able to get my full in May this year.
    SFF is next course...

Also, I need to fill up my calendar with a few hunts this year. Anyone keen to take me under their wing?
    sako75 likes this.

SFF isn't allot, like an expansion pack for QFF so won't take you long

Sent from my workbench

That time of the year again for silly people and matches!

how did everyone fair on Saturday night? We did 12 hours in the truck to a MVA, 2nd alarm house fire and multiple NAT calls....