Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Husky1600
  • 1 Post By Husky1600

Thread: High Country Taxidermy

High Country Taxidermy

Does anybody know what the state of High Country Taxidermy in Christchurch is.
    I know of 2 overseas people that have been trying to contact him re multiple mounts that they have paid him to do without success.
    Any info would be appreciated.

I have heard he is still operating. but the issue may not be with High Country - it may be with the guide. Some guides have all the taxidermy go through them, a - so they can clip the ticket. And b - as it supposedly makes it easier to have the trophies zero rated for GST. Ask your people who was guiding them and take it from there. There are some guides that take the piss and use this as a bank to get them through to next season.

As husky said check weather they paid him direct or paid the guide, as far as I’m aware he only takes payment on completion. Also last time I spoke to him shipping was a real headache because the cost had skyrocketed.
    Be careful about being to negative without knowing exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    And b - as it supposedly makes it easier to have the trophies zero rated for GST.
    Hi, could you please tell little more about how zero GST? Thanks
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

He is hard to get hold of, I'm waiting on 2 x mounts that are overdue that I'm not that happy about

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    Hi, could you please tell little more about how zero GST? Thanks
    Have heard that the guides have been having some discussions with the IRD over what can be zero rated and what cant. As I understand it, any product or article exported or shipped out of the country, or taken out of the country by a tourist, is zero rated. And any charges for services etc are taxed cos you cant export that. So the guides try to sell their hunts for really low prices, but charge a big trophy fee cos thats the exported bit and can be zero rated.
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Have heard that the guides have been having some discussions with the IRD over what can be zero rated and what cant. As I understand it, any product or article exported or shipped out of the country, or taken out of the country by a tourist, is zero rated. And any charges for services etc are taxed cos you cant export that. So the guides try to sell their hunts for really low prices, but charge a big trophy fee cos thats the exported bit and can be zero rated.
    Thank you. I thought there was a new trick Yes, all the exports are GST free and 15% from total sales is a big margin, is `t it? Even, lots of local small biz earn nothing but GST returns as I heard of.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr300WSM View Post
    As husky said check weather they paid him direct or paid the guide, as far as I’m aware he only takes payment on completion. Also last time I spoke to him shipping was a real headache because the cost had skyrocketed.
    Be careful about being to negative without knowing exactly.
    Hi Mate
    Have checked with them and 1 has paid direct and 1 through a guide.
    Will be going down there end of Sept, so might just stick my head in and check him out.