Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Putting Humpty Dumpty together again

Hazzid
    If u get epoxy resin u can also get fibreglass powder stuff u can use mixed with the resin bulks it out to take up space would b able to wire side ways across the brain cavity then fill in from the back to create soild surport also get surf board resin not boat builders unless u like yellow and if u fill cracks at the front covering them with tape saves heeps of sanding

Hazzid
    Surf board repair kits on trade me about 25 - 40 buks bulking out stuffs called qcell powder sort of mimics foam but is stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I have heard of them being done with a fibreglass cloth patch round the inside of the skull soaked in fibreglass resin and pushed / moulded to the shape of the inside of the skull
    I saw just the thing on youtube.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPvuhznuyI

I think bonding the head together from the inside and leaving it as a stable Euro mount would be great. A wonderful head with a talking point and the story behind it.

Just clean it up.. Fill the brain cavity with car bog and couple of self tappers in unobtrusive place.. Should hold it sweet as..

I am a hunter, I hunt without apology or guilt...