Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Broadhead target

mini balage is about 30kgs...bit of a prick to move on your own but furniture trolly/sack barrow makes it easy. about half the size of idiotbrick/conventional bales you still so horsey folk using.
    anyone tried cheap closed cell foam camping mattress still rolled up???? you dead eye Dicks should hit something 6" wide easy enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    as anyone tried a foam mattress ?? reason I ask is the 2'' thick one I have doubled over as backstop sure stops field points well.
    back in another life I used to pick up polystyrene sheets from factory in CHCH.....it came in big blocks and was cut into sheets with hot wire.....now one of them big blocks would be just the ducks nuts....
    Avoid polystyrene - even if it is a thick enough piece to stop a broad head, the arrow speeds generated by compound bows are fast enough that arrows generate enough heat from friction as they enter the polystyrene to melt it. It sticks to the shaft and can be a right bastard to yank back out... And then you have to clean the melted stuff off. You're better off getting an EVA foam backstop.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I use rolled up carpet seems to work well cheap and easy

Broad heads are always a problem. The cheapest option I have found is to sacrifice one BH, and shoot it into a clay bank. Sacrifice as in it gets blunt quick but the clay stops the well and they are easy to recover.