Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Padox
  • 2 Post By Remote
  • 1 Post By Arjen

Thread: looking for a decent bow Haas or south

looking for a decent bow Haas or south

Dear fellow nz stick slingers, i'm visiting your beautifull country for a 5 months adventure. I would like to do some archery in nz but i'm missing the tools. Maybe even some bow hunting if I feel confident enought with my skills and the bow.

So I'm looking for some archery equipement. Does anybody here have something for sale? I'm in Haas at the moment and will be travelling south the next couple weeks. Used to recurve but compound would be ok as well. Rh draw and the more complete the better. Budget +-500 dollar.

Kind regards,

Arjen

Mates selling his set up atm but looking about a k complete set up

Quote Originally Posted by Padox View Post
    Mates selling his set up atm but looking about a k complete set up
    Thanks for the reply! Thats to much for me sadly. I'll get into trouble with the missus
    Samick sage or something like that would be nice. Easy and lightweight to take with me on hikes. But honoustly i will be happy with anything that shoots sticks, gives me the chance to improve my skills and the opportunity to maybe go hunting one of these days.
    Last edited by Arjen; 29-12-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Would say u can just borrow my set up but I'm on a mission this year to get a fallow buck with mine but tell u what if ur in my neck of the woods give me a msg and might b able to sort a wander out
    Billbob likes this.

These are actually great bows and add some arrows and broad heads you will be away and shooting for under $500. Check out his other listings as he has different pound draw weights and the long bow version too. He also sells arrows and finger tabs.

I saw this listing you may be interested in: Black Hunter recurve bow 50lbs https://www.trademe.co.nz/4488714005

If you get to Stewart Island, I've got a. Martin Jaguar 75ilb compound right hand for $400, with some arrows [hunting and target] and release aid.

I'd get a Black Hunter from Stick Shooter Supplies or on TradeMe. Cannot go wrong with these bows, tried and true in our rugged country. I know because I've gone on some insane grunts with my hunting buddy and his Black Hunter. The thing is tough.
    Billbob and Arjen like this.

[QUOTE=Padox;1531764]Would say u can just borrow my set up but I'm on a mission this year to get a fallow buck with mine but tell u what if ur in my neck of the woods give me a msg and might b able to sort a wander out[/QUOTE

Just back from some tramping. That is really generous of you! But I'll take the bow tramping and give it a hard time. So I wouldn't be comfortable borrowing someones bow. But maybe I'll give you a message when I'm over the mountains to ask for some tips and pointers from someone with experience!

They look fine. Thanks for the tip! More tips for the setup? Which string, arrows, etc.

Thanks for the offer! It's definitely on the list. I'm hoping to get a bow a bit earlier on but could you maybe send me some pictures of the setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
    They look fine. Thanks for the tip! More tips for the setup? Which string, arrows, etc.
    If you get a black hunter through Stick Shooters like @Remote says. They will set he bow up ready to shoot with string etc... they are also great and suggesting arrows for your chosen set up.

https://www.stickshootersupplies.co.nz/

Thanks for the help guys! Had some contact with Nigel past couple days and just ordered from stickshooters.
    Remote likes this.