Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: B endorsement

Is there a section on here where it outlines the requirements for all types of licence? If not can someone please post them I'd appreciate it.

Cheers Antz

when going for the B I'd suggest C and E at the same time.
    that way you're doing the administration once. It's a single application fee rather than three separate payments of $200.
    -if life gets in the way you can give up your endorsement, sell your pistols to a mate who then sells them back to you on C.
    then when you're ready you can get back in to it without having to start from scratch.
    Arms officers in some areas aren't too keen to swap any firearms between endorsements for the same person, that's an option to get around it.

Also with the other endorsements means you can partake in multigun or 3 gun shoots, otherwise buy a second pistol and use a carbine stock in the same calibre.
    308 likes this.

Damn right, get your C and E at the same time as your B, all one fee

The other advantage of C-cat is you can buy a pistol at an auction with your C license then uplift it and transfer it over to your B at your convenience - ya just can't shoot it until it is on your B license

If the powers that be are going to feed us this alphabet soup bullshit we might as well game it to our advantage - after all have y'all seen how little corporate tax gets paid by the likes of Apple in NZ? We're just little fish compared to that sort of a rule dodge
    Maca49 likes this.

Isn't there supposed to be a cap on the number on C endorsements too? If there is, all the more reason to get in while you can. Shoulda done it when I got my E

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be a cap on the number on C endorsements too? If there is, all the more reason to get in while you can. Shoulda done it when I got my E
    I dont see how they can put a cap on a right as a fit and proper person.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Jexla likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Not legally. Maybe with some of the folk NZ POL HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I dont see how they can put a cap on a right as a fit and proper person.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Like they don't dick us around re MSSAs?

Pistol NZ has the restriction of a maximum of 12 Pistol endorsements on the licence at one time. It's in the memorandum of understanding and not in law.
    basically it's a self imposed restriction as far as I'm aware. One of those carrots on the stick that apparently keeps pol HQ happy.
    Unfortunately that includes any club guns that may be under the responsibility of a club armourer.

there's no restriction on the amount of C endorsed items. I know of a few people with over a few hundred items.
    One doesn't even have a safe. He turned his workshop in to a strongroom so everything just sits in racks lining the walls.
    Antz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nseagoon View Post
    Pistol NZ has the restriction of a maximum of 12 Pistol endorsements on the licence at one time. It's in the memorandum of understanding and not in law.
    basically it's a self imposed restriction as far as I'm aware. One of those carrots on the stick that apparently keeps pol HQ happy.
    Unfortunately that includes any club guns that may be under the responsibility of a club armourer.
    Like you said the 12 limit isn't law and can be worked around at the discretion of the AO, I know more than one armorer who does not have an issue with this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I would disagree that over 20 years I was not "active" and after 20 years the novelty of "Shooting Pistols" had worn off. They are just another firearm like everything else. Still have my E though

I would also note that an "excited person" on a pistol range is a person I would prefer to be far away from.

I was slightly pissed off I had to sell my Open Racegun built for me and custom serial numbered but I managed to use the proceeds to buy a 725 shotty brand new 2 New Jiggin rods and my membership to a private sporting clays club so did OK in the end
    I completely understand, I'm not saying I agree with it, but I'm reminding you that it IS the law.

Interesting that you think that anyone excited to participate in a sport is someone you'd prefer to be far away from, you sound like a grumpy old man now, no wonder you stopped.

P38

there's no restriction on the amount of C endorsed items. I know of a few people with over a few hundred items.
    One doesn't even have a safe. He turned his workshop in to a strongroom so everything just sits in racks lining the walls.
    This may be true, however there are a growing number of Pistol Clubs that are not affiliated to PNZ.

I belong to two of these non affiliated clubs here in Hawkes Bay.

There is no restriction on the number of B endorsed items for members of these clubs that I know of.

Cheers
    Pete
    veitnamcam and Skatieguy like this.

I meant there that I understood there was a cap on the number of people with C endorsement

As C is the collector category, it makes sense to have no cap on the number per person, as that's what collectors do

P38
    I meant there that I understood there was a cap on the number of people with C endorsement

As C is the collector category, it makes sense to have no cap on the number per person, as that's what collectors do
    I've never read in any NZ Firearms Legislation or Regulation nor heard of a cap on the number of people that can hold an endorsement.

It's every citizens right to hold and endorsement if they choose to do so and are deemed to be a "Fit an Proper Person".

Cheers
    Pete
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yes that seems ludicrous, Ie I win lotto and want to collect firearms and I have to wait for another collector to die before I can be a collector?!

I think we all know what the end result of that would be.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yes that seems ludicrous, Ie I win lotto and want to collect firearms and I have to wait for another collector to die before I can be a collector?!

I think we all know what the end result of that would be.
    Oh, yes totally, I thought it was nuts at the time. Sillier shit has been foisted upon us before though. Can't remember where I saw that, but I remember that 3000 was the number for some reason. Maybe there's hope for us yet