Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: B endorsement

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Oh, yes totally, I thought it was nuts at the time. Sillier shit has been foisted upon us before though. Can't remember where I saw that, but I remember that 3000 was the number for some reason. Maybe there's hope for us yet
    Yea cos people with lots of money wouldnt do whatever they pleased so lets hope there is no cap.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Could you sell your quota, I wonder!
    mikee likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    I've never read in any NZ Firearms Legislation or Regulation nor heard of a cap on the number of people that can hold an endorsement.

It's every citizens right to hold and endorsement if they choose to do so and are deemed to be a "Fit an Proper Person".

Cheers
    Pete
    I hope there's no cap as that would be simply policy and absolutely no basis in law. Certainly the first I've heard about it.

The funny thing about being fit and proper is the endorsement system means one is fit and proper but not fit and proper enough without the endorsement.
    That's simply absurd.
    All my inconsequential opinion of course.

As for the non affiliated pistol clubs the more the merrier I say. Plenty of organisations have too much of a monopoly over too much in NZ
    veitnamcam and Jexla like this.

Minor point for what it is worth but in our PNZ affiliated club we allow more than 12 for black powder pistols - I'm not sure if it is the collectability factor or the slow rate of fire but there is stretch on the 12 total for sure

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    As long as you don't forget who did the hard yards and made it possible for you to apply for a B cat. As in Pistol NZ, or NZ Pistol Association back then.[
    Totally understandable, no one is saying they're bad at all, but what IS bad is having one organization have control of a whole sport regardless of who they are, what they do or say.
    res likes this.

Good one Gimp, mine took ages to get too trying to fit in being away for work and around inflexible club training programs. Explained situation and was granted extensions luckily.
    Even offered to pay someone to train me outside club training program when I was off.
    I know there would have been heaps of people keen to do it, especially some of the retired shooters they wouldn't wear it.....

Personally I think an option of doing an intensive one week pistol training course held in NZ somewhere with some of NZ's top shooters would be better. I know of a couple who would be happy to do this. You would learn a lot fast, and they would make an earn out of it too for passing on their knowledge.
    Understandably you would still need a 6 month stand-down and club attendances before getting B endorsement but it would allow for the many people who don't work 9-5 these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I gave my B away after 20 years mainly cause I got bored with having to go to the range.
    Shot IPSC and 3 Gun for most of that time too. Found even 12 visits became a chore to fit in round work and life and towards the end was just "going thru the motions" to keep the B.

Just do what I do and put the pistol range on your property.
    Beaker, Tommy and Skatieguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
    Just do what I do and put the pistol range on your property.
    Like this!

Its not that hard of a process / requirements either.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    As long as you don't forget who did the hard yards and made it possible for you to apply for a B cat. As in Pistol NZ, or NZ Pistol Association back then.[
    Actually I believe The Kopanga Pistol Club in Hawkes Bay paved the way before PNZ was even off the ground.

Kopanga Pistol Club has never been affiliated with PNZ.

Cheers
    Pete
    res, Tommy and Skatieguy like this.

how do you go about doing that the pistol range that is

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Don't have any Uploadable Pics, I did an article for my Std Gun in NzGuns in 200 something

Heres a shoot I went to though way back in 2007. Was fun
    Hey I was there, helping score that for OPC

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Like this!

Its not that hard of a process / requirements either.

....go on?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Hey I was there, helping score that for OPC
    I was shooting in it. I was shooting the pump action from the truck at the end. Matt B looks anything but fast when you see him shoot............................until you hear his time called
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    ....go on?
    Prob the hardest bit is the RMA bit, but basic after that - if aligned with PNZ.
    - read the range design manuals......
    - find land
    - do some basic drawings on what will fit, etc...
    - resource consent for use. We ended up having a non notified, just need to talk (and get signatures) from immediate neighbours
    - build
    - get certified

Theres a bit more in these steps, but not much. If your only wanting 1 bay, out side, quite easy.

Havent done it yet, but will be starting soon'ish, to design up a multi use indoor range(22 target, issf, and ipsc - down the line only, not full 180 deg) This is going to be even easier( but alot more expensive) than the outdoor side, as its just a concrete building, with certain design features, ie thickness on concrete, services locations, air flow, bullet catcher system, etc.... Current thinking is to put a light weight building on the top as a club house, as the roof slab will be rather strong. Simple

I'm not a expert, and have only been involved in the construction of 1 range complex, but,
    I'm willing (within reason....) to help out and share info, with anyone that wants to try and build a range. In my mind the more ranges in NZ the better
    veitnamcam, R93, 308 and 1 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Oh, and having local council & police onside from the beginning is a big help - council especially !