Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hoops to be leapt and dosh paid for a cap and ball black powder revolver & FAL.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    North Cheam I lived there for a while.
    Yes, i remember you,,,,,,,,,,,,,You were the one wearing the hat.
    308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Yes, i remember you,,,,,,,,,,,,,You were the one wearing the hat.
    On the Bus,one rainy February morning?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I’ll PM you the name of the guy you need to contact if you are in Taranaki?
    Wanganui.(without an H) actually . pm on it's way to you

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    On the Bus,one rainy February morning?
    That's right..........I thought there was something familiar about you, but to this day I still don't believe that Lady was your wife.
    308 likes this.

Not that hard to get a B, and the endorsement for both B and C is the same as if you just went for one. Join the local black powder club too, this will give you somewhere to shoot your cap and ball, and have a heap of fun with the holy black! You could come further over the the dark side and take up cowboy shooting- as a Canadian loyalist presumably - period gear around 1860s to 1910s works fine, but you will need one of those newfangled repeater metallic rifles! n We shoot a lot of black powder in cowboy. It is a faff for six months getting the licensing tidy, but after that, pretty straightforward. You have legitimate reasons - history collector, and as a sporting gent!

ps., you won't have to spend $900 to get a good cap and ball. Budget 500 for a second hand one, and remember you will need a possibles kit, powder, caps, balls,lube, wads, a starter and cleaning gear, black is very dirty, but hot soapy water sorts it fine.

What Ho.
    Thanks for the time taken to reply. However, there is no BP club in Wanganui without an H.

It seems to have fizzled out after I arrived 4 years ago.................Not that I had the Bug then nor had anything contact with them then .........so I hope I wasn't to blame :>)

Following advice given above by Maca49 I sent an email on 3 April to the named contact of the Taranaki branch of the NZ Antique & Historical Arms Assn seeking to join and improve my credence but I have been ignored .

Further, being as non competitive as a Buddhist Monk, I would find it tiresome having to attend "competitions" at a "club" 12 times a year just to show Constable Plod how non competitive and a bad shot I was just to be able to have a BP ball revolver.

Currently tiring of the Devil farting in my face so am following the non firing path for a revolver and concentrating on my MH, Snider and BP shotgun.