Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tim Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You are just spoilt
    We had all them in Nz bar the Lancaster when the alpine fighter collection was in its prime

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    I saw that same Mosquito when it did a display over the race track in Pukekohe. The only time I've seen a Mosquito in flight in NZ. Such a beautiful aircraft, and the sound of those Merlins left me in rapture.
    Thereafter I think the Mosquito got shipped off to it's new owner in Texas.
    I've seen Mosquitos a couple of times in RAF aerial shows in the UK but it's that Kiwi flight that really sticks in my mind.
    Also, my apologies also for being OT.
    The mossie flew down to karapiro for the armistice day event they hold there. I recorded the flight on my wife's iPad. Glorious.

Heard mustangs too when living just out of martinborough. Those Alison's sound cool.

Sent from my SM-T225 using Tapatalk

A few years ago, I arrived early at the Goodwood Revival, it was abou 7 am. I got treated to a guy in a Mustang doing an early morning practice, what a treat that was, they had a fly over later that day with Spitfires and Hurricanes in formation. Unfortunately I missed the Lancaster by one day.
    BRADS likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

On the years warbirds is held they do there practice runs the week b4 up our valley best we had was a f14 hitting mach 3 at roof level past the house thought the windows we gonna implode