Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Sika Show

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    I don’t get the negativity…

I bought tickets on line and had a query about them, couldn’t find an answer on the homepage.
    I left a message on the answer phone for the number advertised.
    Got a call back the next day and had quite a chat to one of the organisers. Really surprised he’d actually bothered to do so.
    Found a new venue, Taupo was becoming problematic.
    These guys are pretty passionate about Sika, the outdoors industry etc. They’ve put it all on the line, hung in through Covid, lockdowns etc

I think it’s a measure of how much the industry values the show, that the likes of the Wapiti Foundation, Outfitters, , Conservators, niche manufacturers and suppliers travel so far just for a weekend.
    It’s become a bit of Trade Show the industry so desperately needs in my view. Networking instead of continuous back stabbing.

If the naysayers reckon these guys are doing it all wrong, just call them, let them know, I’m sure they’d value your input…..

Otherwise buy a ticket, say hello to Todd McClay, Nicole McKee, and chillax.

B
    Micky Duck and cookie like this.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I bought tickets on line and had a query about them, couldn’t find an answer on the homepage.
    Got a call back the next day and had quite a chat to one of the organisers. Really surprised he’d actually bothered to do so.
    These guys are pretty passionate about Sika, the outdoors industry etc. They’ve put it all on the line, hung in through Covid, lockdowns etc

I think it’s a measure of how much the industry values the show, that the likes of the Wapiti Foundation, Outfitters, , Conservators, niche manufacturers and suppliers travel so far just for a weekend.
    It’s become a bit of Trade Show the industry so desperately needs in my view. Networking instead of continuous back stabbing.

If the naysayers reckon these guys are doing it all wrong, just call them, let them know, I’m sure they’d value your input…..

B
    Agreed. Just wish it was closer though

^ Well said @shift14

We'll be exhibiting again this year, swing by for a yarn! Some cool new products in the pipeline
    7mmwsm and shift14 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    come on @Maca49 you aren't to old to get in your best camo and gumboots I did have to laugh last year at the amount of guys dressed up head to toe
    A few years ago there was a whole family dressed in camo, even mum.
    It always made me laugh at the amount of guys that went to the show in camo. Each to their own I guess..
    on2it and Roarless20 like this.

Cameraman Dave

B
    Totally agree. My 2 cents - strategically time your 'drive by' of the Traeger Tent to maximise your chances of a brisket/tomahawk/pulled pork coming out of the smoker. And as for the zero-alcohol policy, there's an exhibitor on the list called 'HI IQ Liquor', and it'll be a tough task keeping the show dry with the World Cup final being televised on site early Sunday morning!

Massive crowd there today. Place was heaving. Surprised by the turnout to be honest. Im sure all the trade exhibitors will be happy with the crowds.
    Tahr, stagslayer 12, Gibo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Basher View Post
    A few years ago there was a whole family dressed in camo, even mum.
    It always made me laugh at the amount of guys that went to the show in camo. Each to their own I guess..
    Camos supposed to make you invisible so you can walk in unnoticed isn't it?

Went to day great turn out and great show spent way to much
    Micky Duck likes this.

Well didn’t get to the show but a good forum member (Tech) picked up a spare Bill Nikl knife for me.

Name:  0a33f095-4a1f-44bb-81f5-e01c30e609bc.jpeg
Views: 480
Size:  251.8 KB

Was a lot better this year there was plenty of room

Went along today, plenty to see , good turn out and weather was pleasant , a nice day out all round.
    Tahr and Grantn like this.

spent 500 on ammo there today
    NewbieZAR likes this.

Walking my rifle
    I went today, i have only attended the last 2 Taupo shows before, and now this one. And this one for me is far better than the last 2 Taupo ones. More space, more exhibitions, closer to home, and quitw a few good deals. I remember leaving one of the Taupo shows i attended and feeling like it was a waste of time, overcrowded and no good deals (this was in that small venue in town the went to).

I unfortunately cant compare to the heydays of the Taupo event.

I feel i got my $25 worth
    Swanny and paremata like this.
    If you can't kill it with bullets, dont f*ck with it.

Yep Steeve wholesale presence was pretty good. Better organised than last year for sure.although by 3 pm the bulk of the visitors had gone.
    Maca49 and Grantn like this.

Enjoyed my day out there. Was much better set out than last year.
    Maca49 and Grantn like this.