Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mitsi Outlander vs Subaru Outback ??

The Subaru AWD system is simply the best. Even in my Legacy I've never been in some situations that I'm sure most of the following "AWD" vehicles would have got stuck in:

Pretty impressive:

The traction control system in my 2007 outback is amazing, with it on can cruise all over the snow and wonder why people are getting stuck, took it off to see what happened.... Stuck withen 30sec

Couple advantages of the mitsi is available in 7 seats and higher clearance and paddock work capabilities.. Only go NZ new in the outlander though if you do choose though. I think subys drive and feel nicer on the road though.. Can't comment on mechanical as haven't owned either but gave driven a couple of each...

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

3.0 suby all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Couple advantages of the mitsi is available in 7 seats and higher clearance and paddock work capabilities..
    Internet says 210mm clearance for an 06 Outlander which is the same as an Outback that age, but the Subaru has a better 4wd system. Think the Outlander is front-biased and waits until the front wheels slip before transferring drive to the rear. Mate has a V6 one and reckons it has quite bad torque steer when you give it the jandal.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Internet says 210mm clearance for an 06 Outlander which is the same as an Outback that age, but the Subaru has a better 4wd system. Think the Outlander is front-biased and waits until the front wheels slip before transferring drive to the rear. Mate has a V6 one and reckons it has quite bad torque steer when you give it the jandal.
    Owned MMC vehicles for 8 years, definitely a FWD biased and asymmetrical system. Not bad vehicles by any means but AWD (Subaru) system in my experience is vastly superior.