Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Te Kuiti Hunter Fied Shoot

Totally agree @Neckshot I have always wanted to go to a field shoot but took me almost two years to replace my centerfire after selling it in 2012 to fund a trip to aussie for wheat harvest which turned out to be a shit season and ended up me coming home after a few weeks. Plus it is an opportunity to gain confidence in making those longer shots at a target where there is no chance of wounding an animal and also a good way to meet a few forum members outside of the hunting environment.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    Its pluses out weigh the negatives which I cant think of any right now.Like you have said you meet forum members you learn at what state you are at with your wepon handling skills and can generally correct them before the day is over and you get a little competitive aswell.I believe these type of shoots are vital for animal hunters because practice is what makes good shooters better!.

Jase
    Blaser, hunter308, mucko and 1 others like this.

Any one down manawatu way thinking of heading up for this shoot? I may be keen and could fit a couple of guys in if any one wants a ride. Would drive up Saturday night and stay some where then straight home after the shoot.

@Blaser if you are stuck for somewhere to stay you are welcome to stay at our place in Te Awamutu unless someone closer to Te Kuiti is able to put you up.
    Blaser likes this.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaser View Post
    Any one down manawatu way thinking of heading up for this shoot? I may be keen and could fit a couple of guys in if any one wants a ride. Would drive up Saturday night and stay some where then straight home after the shoot.
    Put me down as a passenger mate @Blaser at this stage I'm keem to meet some good buggers up there

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    Blaser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Its pluses out weigh the negatives which I cant think of any right now.Like you have said you meet forum members you learn at what state you are at with your wepon handling skills and can generally correct them before the day is over and you get a little competitive aswell.I believe these type of shoots are vital for animal hunters because practice is what makes good shooters better!.

Jase
    Of course there is negatives!! You have to travel, have to spend money (travel, ammo, entry...), it takes up your day, you might learn something you don't want to, everyone is likely to see you miss, you might turn up in camo clothing and everyone will think you are trying too hard to be Rambo, you might turn up in the wrong brand clothing, wrong truck, in gumboots, in jandals, your rifle might not be sighted in!!!

Positives though it is fun if you don't take yourself too seriously, i cannot think of a better place to learn/practice field shooting (other than maybe hunting goats or rabbits), you'll meet some like minded people, probably get to see some neat gear (and maybe even try it out), and the BBQ is usually pretty good.
    Blaser and BRADS like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Of course there is negatives!! You have to travel, have to spend money (travel, ammo, entry...), it takes up your day, you might learn something you don't want to, everyone is likely to see you miss, you might turn up in camo clothing and everyone will think you are trying too hard to be Rambo, you might turn up in the wrong brand clothing, wrong truck, in gumboots, in jandals, your rifle might not be sighted in!!!

Positives though it is fun if you don't take yourself too seriously, i cannot think of a better place to learn/practice field shooting (other than maybe hunting goats or rabbits), you'll meet some like minded people, probably get to see some neat gear (and maybe even try it out), and the BBQ is usually pretty good.
    Still don't see the negatives
    And I'd like to meet these hardcase waikato buggers

Blaser likes this.

That's the spirit @Neckshot will be good to meet some of you crazy Dannevirke fellers (actually my grandmother was bought up down there and some of my rellies are still there). I am actually quite interested in what the physical bullet drops will be for my first batch of reloads I have done in a while seeing they have been no further than the range when I did the load testing for the 270. Which reminds me I need to get a pair of earmuffs/plugs before the day as well just in case it is a rule of the shoot. I do not care if I miss or people laugh at the rags/vehicle I turn up in it will be a bit of a learning experience for me as I may learn if my shooting technique is up the shit and will happily accept any pointers given at the time to improve my shooting etc, plus it is a good way to find out if you are safe to go hunting with regarding safe firearm handling etc there are just so many positives that it far outweighs any negatives.

I would like to add another 6 names to my list so dont be shy will be a great day to be had with the BBQ crankin afterwards i dont think i will bother with shotgun shoot saves everyone having to bring extra firearms. PM me with your interest bring a mate and meet some new faces.
    hunter308 likes this.

How many have you got on your list so far @mucko

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Which reminds me I need to get a pair of earmuffs/plugs before the day as well just in case it is a rule of the shoot.
    Bring ear protection - it will be a rule. I will have a couple of extra sets of muffs and a few extra sets of ear plugs with me.

No worries Gillie will get myself some hearing protection sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    How many have you got on your list so far @mucko
    about 9 so far Ross would like to have about 15.

Banned
    Keep pushing mate its
    A common battle for orginizing gong Shoots. approach all the local shooters face to face it works real well .Will try to scrounge another motly bugger from down here. Your also bringing this type of shoot to a new part of town so it will get easier

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Keep pushing mate its
    A common battle for orginizing gong Shoots. approach all the local shooters face to face it works real well .Will try to scrounge another motly bugger from down here. Your also bringing this type of shoot to a new part of town so it will get easier

For sure bro if they knew what they were missing i would be turning people away
    Blaser likes this.