Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Chainsaw question - engine dies

FIXED

Took a while to find z-German parts diagram to work out where the fuel lines ran and how to get to them. Only took two little screws
    I thought I was going to be dismantling the whole saw. Once the lines were exposed I gave the primer a pump and nearly got a squirt of 2-stroke in the left eye! Tiny little pin hole in the fuel line where it connects to a inline jointer. Pulled it apart and snipped 5mm off the end of the line and connected it back up again - she runs like an Olympic sprinter again.

Now you would have thought that I would have seen the fuel leak when I pumped the bulb under normal running conditions ......???
    Well, with the cover over the lines and the shape of the casing, the leaking fuel was being channeled down to the drive sprocket, and mixing in with the chain oil, making it all but invisible.

Thanks for all the advice and input.

PS - I wonder what it would have cost if I had taken it to the local Stihl Shop for repair?
    7mmsaum, 308, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.