Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Clothing GST

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Yep I paid for mine, no guilt this end!
    And we are paying now, without any expectations that we will get ours when we age.

The couple of generations that got a govt pension are very lucky in the lottery of birth time in this regard. Anyone who can do simple math can see that the current system can't work going fwd as the working tax payers (and keep in mind that a huge percent of workers get more in benefits than they pay) v non workers (dole,pension etc) dynamic is rapidly getting skewed in an unsustainable direction with all projections saying it's going to get worse.
    The way that a lot of current and soon to be pension receivers seem to both not give a shit and joke about it really rubs those younger up the wrong way. The I got mine so I don't care attitude so often displayed is disgusting and Maca49 you are so often guilty of it on this forum, even if you don't realize your doing it.
    MassiveAttack, Ryan, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Bloody bastards. I've just finished a battle with customs. On this occasion I won though. I to have been bringing in Kuiu and boots the last few months with no hassles at all. Anyway this month I won a Kuiu competition and this week I get a letter saying I have to pay tax, duties, levies etc etc. I had to convince them it was a prize and I didn't buy it so should not pay the fees.
    I noticed on the bill there were things like "Bio-security levy" and then "GST on bio security levy". Why should you pay tax on a levy? Isn't a levy a tax of sorts anyway? is bloody well not a good or service that's for sure!!

If anybody's buying Sitka, badlands etc - Linton Outdoors is worth a look. Good USD prices and they email the actual invoice and manipulate the shipping invoice to make it approx. $100 NZD for customs to look at. Worked for me 3x now and it arrives (to Queenstown) in about 7-10 days. Dream result.

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    And we are paying now, without any expectations that we will get ours when we age.

The couple of generations that got a govt pension are very lucky in the lottery of birth time in this regard. Anyone who can do simple math can see that the current system can't work going fwd as the working tax payers (and keep in mind that a huge percent of workers get more in benefits than they pay) v non workers (dole,pension etc) dynamic is rapidly getting skewed in an unsustainable direction with all projections saying it's going to get worse.
    The way that a lot of current and soon to be pension receivers seem to both not give a shit and joke about it really rubs those younger up the wrong way. The I got mine so I don't care attitude so often displayed is disgusting and Maca49 you are so often guilty of it on this forum, even if you don't realize your doing it.
    Us pensioners paid in all our working lives, if they can't afford to pay us they can't afford to pay "working for families", people to sit at home, people to have kids they can't afford, and numerous other hand outs. Don't get me going on this subject, this forum is too good for this subject.
    Huk likes this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Us pensioners paid in all our working lives, if they can't afford to pay us they can't afford to pay "working for families", people to sit at home, people to have kids they can't afford, and numerous other hand outs. Don't get me going on this subject, this forum is too good for this subject.
    But your getting back now, you paid for a much smaller pool of people than those now paying for you are paying for-and we don't have any realistic expectation of the next generation being able to do the same for us even if they wanted to.

You seem to be displaying the same blinkered view as Macka.

I do completely agree with the other points, they exasperate the problem
    Jexla likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Due to advances in medicines therefore life expectancy has largely increased etc there are MUCH larger numbers of elderly still alive collecting pensions then there used to be.
    That may very well continue to increase.

res
    True Jexla, the length pensions is being paid for has increased a lot-and the medical care that enables it is hardly cheep either.

Of course people living longer is a good thing. And I doubt anyone really begrudges those getting a pension the $, but as a country we need to be able to start talking about how we can transition to a sustainable model with out a bunch of old fuckwits shutting the conversation down. I'm not talking about on this forum but in NZ politics.
    If we don't find a solution we will have a societal collapse (damn I'm starting to sound like tussock).

Is a universal income a option?

Is private financial products the answer?

Is it expanded kiwisaver?

Is it making the pension only for a set number of years?

How do we transition to any of these options?(and this is where the buthurt folk seem to come in)

How do retirement villages and full care homes fit into this all?(I'm currently going through this with a family member and the $ side of it is distressing to my grandfather to put it mildly)
    Jexla likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Huk
    Take your rant somewhere else we dont want to here this on this forum

res

Clothing GST

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    Take your rant somewhere else we dont want to here this on this forum
    Go jump, the pm's tell a different story
    Using Tapatalk

Ummmmmm...........What have the last few posts got to do with clothing GST???

Start a new thread if you want to debate politics etc etc.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Ummmmmm...........What have the last few posts got to do with clothing GST???

Start a new thread if you want to debate politics etc etc.
    Very little, it's just a segway as happens on most forum posts.

Still, a good idea
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Very little, it's just a segway as happens on most forum posts.

Still, a good idea
    Segways are for old people........just like pensions.
    Gibo and Huk like this.

Do they get hold of you if theyve got your package or do you contact them? Havent seen my order yet but the tracking says it cleared customs on the 16th

No poolitics on this forum
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Benfransham View Post
    Do they get hold of you if theyve got your package or do you contact them? Havent seen my order yet but the tracking says it cleared customs on the 16th
    Customs normally sends a letter to the address on the package they have stopped. If your worried about the time that has passed you can email them-they tend to be very good at responding in my experience
    Using Tapatalk