Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Phones

Im begining to think you see your big phone like some see Ferrari's and Harley's.....
    veitnamcam, StrikerNZ and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    ...The only one I would recommend is the compact version of the Xperia Z series as it (except the battery) has the same specs as the normal sized Xperia phones.
    I think (at least when I was buying the Z3 a year or so back) the full size and compact Z's were the same for battery life anyway - slightly smaller battery in the compact, but the slightly smaller screen uses less power and balances it out. The battery life did deteriorate when it updated from Android 4.4 to 5.0 for some reason, improved with 5.1 but not as good as it was on 4.4. Can still get 2 days of reasonably frequent use out of it though so its not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    I do think you small phone phobia blokes need to man up a little. Skinny asian girls in skin tight jeans seem to manage with huge phablets so you big blokes shouldn't have an issue!
    Yeah, man up and get a nice pretty handbag to carry your phone around in!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Ejected
    Big phones are like big calibers and V8's, you can either handle them or you can't.

My feelings have been hurt by you blokes telling me to put my phablet in my handbag. Handbags are for women, I carry a murse or a manbag or some days a tacticool ammo pouch.
    GravelBen likes this.

[QUOTE=MassiveAttack;400763]Big phones are like big calibers and V8's, if you need them your compensating for something.[QUOTE]

Fixed it for you
    The only thing I look for in a phone these days is an RF socket
    mikee likes this.

Working offshore the best reception out of all these brands I have seen in marginal coverage is the engineers HTC .

Nearly a year on
    Is anyone using the Samsung active phones?
    Are they any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at a mates and he had an external aerial on the roof wired down to his mobile as reception was really patchy, anyone come across this system before? Got reception but if you turn around or go in the wrong room phone calls die, worse than having no reception!

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Was at a mates and he had an external aerial on the roof wired down to his mobile as reception was really patchy, anyone come across this system before? Got reception but if you turn around or go in the wrong room phone calls die, worse than having no reception!
    My old boss had an external aerial back in the Nokia Brick days which he could stick on the roof of the work truck... dunno about now though.

Which phones have the best battery life lads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battery life on phones is the big bug bear, if you want a phone to have loads of features then it will suck battery life because those features use the battery, if you want a simple nokia type black and white, text and call phone then the battery will be good for days and days.

Best bet for a smart phone though is to turn off the features you dont use and get a battery pack for times when you are going to be away from the charger, have a spare charger at work and one in the vehicle and you should be ok.

I use the airplane mode a lot on my phone if I'm out of reception saves a huge amount of battery, data and WiFi are very battery hungry as well

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    My old boss had an external aerial back in the Nokia Brick days which he could stick on the roof of the work truck... dunno about now though.
    the bricks ran off an analog system and were not up in the 870GHz digital range, you can build a passive receiver for a new type phone but its a big mission and the distance between the external antenna and the internal transmitting antenna has to be as short as possible as even with high quality cable the losses are significant

sony e4g (mid sized phone) i get 3-4 days from a battery. though i dont use wifi of 4G much