Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Swazi - Davey’s semiautomatic stance .

Swazi - Davey’s semiautomatic stance .

Has Davey Hughes semiautomatic firearm stance influenced your purchase and use of Swazi clothing?
    I find myself steering away from Swazi these days which is a shame because it is very good gear .
    Am I being irrational or do others feel the same way .
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Do you have a link to what he has to say?
    I don't know what it is

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Do you have a link to what he has to say?
    I don't know what it is
    This is one I found quickly, there are more out there where he elaborates his views .

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-count...ectid=12215228

Swazi and H&F are the first that come to mind when I think of “ bite the hand that feeds “
    Tikka7mm08, 308, northdude and 2 others like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Dunno about irrational but another saying "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.
    Not that there aren't plenty of clothing options these days

Never again !
    Maca49, northdude, norsk and 2 others like this.

I think in this country we all agree that we don't want everyone to be able to access AR15 and Ak47 rifles, which is why we've had a firearms licencing system and why the police are supposed to be coming down hard on illegal firearms activities. But he goes a lot further, setting up the false argument that a hunter should need only one shot (true in a perfect world), therefore no one needs a semi auto. So in the world of Davey Hughes the only acceptable shooting is hunting. No pest control where you need to shoot multiple targets? No shooting sports? No service rifle? And anyone who needs a semi auto for any purpose outside the exalted realm of deer hunting is a dangerous psycho. Just another example of a prick stuck in the emotional rollercoaster of the time, unable to see outside his own narrow shooting use and eager to throw everyone else under the bus. I will never buy his stuff.

What Ben said.

I had his stuff when and Maggie started out anyone still remember the trojan brand. I still have 2 singlets in working condition.
    Swazi came about as he wanted to go up market and about the same time i think he landed a defence force contract.
    I have one swazi windbreaker top thats all.
    If youve ever met the guy you can form your own opinion. Mine is over priced, over hyped, and self centred.

Banned
    Agree with comments above.,
    fuck him and his business,self righteous twat.
    Isn't this the same twat that wants to hunt bears with a spear?
    40mm and Dago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    This is one I found quickly, there are more out there where he elaborates his views .

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-count...ectid=12215228

Swazi and H&F are the first that come to mind when I think of “ bite the hand that feeds “
    Cant say I disagree with him, so no it would not stop me buying or wearing his trade mark in clothing.
    Mohawk .308 likes this.

Yep fuck him and the horse he rode in on. Humping and fisting as well.

Had a conversation on FB with a chap( ironically who I believe has just joined the forum) relating to humping and fistings press release post March 19 2019. He reckon led that the press release didn’t cause the ban. My reply was (along these lines) “no it didn’t but they dint need to say anything either. They virtue signalled.”

Pretty sure my lack of patronage won’t affect either business, plenty of people don’t seem to care going by the times I have being past any of there stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sometimes1 likes this.

So because he has a different opinion to you, he's a prick? And you expect him to change his opinion to suit yours because some journalist has asked him his? I don't agree with him, and that's fine by me. I know him through my best mates Dad. Always been a good person to chat too, and always been generous and interested in what we are doing. He's quite full on, driven, a good marketer and pretty eccentric in a way. Many people mistake that for other attributes, without talking to him. He's done a lot to put NZ hunting on the global map since Swazi was launched. I have heaps of Swazi gear, I only buy two or three items a year, at most, usually on sales, but have stuff that is over 10 years old and still in great condition. I still have a bush shirt I was given for a birthday 20 years ago, and apart from a few minor tears and it getting thread bare, it's still usable.. I don't think it's that much more expensive than other gear out there. Haven't tried any of their fleece made offshore yet, but bought a new hivis rain jacket last month (NZ Made) and it's 10 times better than a generic branded one you'd buy at a safety shop.
    Nathan F, K95, jknavara and 14 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    So because he has a different opinion to you, he's a prick? And you expect him to change his opinion to suit yours because some journalist has asked him his? I don't agree with him, and that's fine by me. I know him through my best mates Dad. Always been a good person to chat too, and always been generous and interested in what we are doing. He's quite full on, driven, a good marketer and pretty eccentric in a way. Many people mistake that for other attributes, without talking to him. He's done a lot to put NZ hunting on the global map since Swazi was launched. I have heaps of Swazi gear, I only buy two or three items a year, at most, usually on sales, but have stuff that is over 10 years old and still in great condition. I still have a bush shirt I was given for a birthday 20 years ago, and apart from a few minor tears and it getting thread bare, it's still usable.. I don't think it's that much more expensive than other gear out there. Haven't tried any of their fleece made offshore yet, but bought a new hivis rain jacket last month (NZ Made) and it's 10 times better than a generic branded one you'd buy at a safety shop.
    Never said he was a prick. I just stated my opinion. He didn’t have to do a press release. He chose to do so. Action, consequences n all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    40mm likes this.

Banned
    life gets boring quick if you only gonna have what you need,food,shelter.. sweet thats mohawk 308 sorted,next

oh,isn't that communism?
    blake and 40mm like this.

I disagree with his opinion. I will choose to spend my $ accordingly. I have one of the old original Swazi Tahr Anoraks, excellent kit.