Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Upgrading binos

Quote Originally Posted by chchben View Post
    Same electronic failure goes for an equivalent range finder which would cost 3x the $400 price difference of having it inbuilt

And if the electronics fail outside of the 5 year warranty they would still be good binos
    Being a high end brand you would like to think they would fix or replace them no drama.....

The low end ones can....

doesn't matter if they are still good binos, I wouldn't want to walk around with something expensive that doesn't work how it should
    mikee and northdude like this.

Same electronic failure goes for an equivalent range finder which would cost 3x the $400 price difference of having it inbuilt

And if the electronics fail outside of the 5 year warranty they would still be good binos
    look at it this way, If like me you have separate units and for example the rangefinder goes pooze then its not so much coin to get a new one and my binos still work.
    It would piss me off no end to have something that cost as much as they do poo itself ........................ out of warrenty especially if it were no longer repairable even if I paid to have it fixed.
    chchben likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Have we got any first hand reports of the ranging function not working in Geovids and leica telling someone to piss off? Or are we just speculating that A) it will fail and B) it will not be fixed by Leica.
    ARdave and chchben like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Have we got any first hand reports of the ranging function not working in Geovids and leica telling someone to piss off? Or are we just speculating that A) it will fail and B) it will not be fixed by Leica.
    I never said they would fail or Leica would not fix them ( but I would not expect them to be repaired 5-10 years later) The Japanese company we distribute gear for only guarantees parts or service for equipment 5 years (and its not the cheapest of equipment either).
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

So speculation.

I have had experience of Leica repairing their products that are well outside the warranty period at no cost to me and no questions asked, no debate, no pleading they just did it.
    I have used Leica products for over 40 years in both Australia and New Zealand. I have NEVER been disappointed by the way I've been treated by the company.
    You can buy their products and be confident of first class after sales service. If the electronic technology fails at some future date I'm sure Leica will see you right and not take months to get it sorted.
    Timmay and kiwijames like this.
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

good bino with no electronics, still have to buy more electronic lol. My only question with the temp dodacky is will it be effected by being close to your body therefore no giving a true reading??
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Manual states that if it's been inside a warm place then the housing may be warm and should allow 30mins un heated for housing to cool to enable internal sensor to read correct temps.
    I don't think one insulated side against the body would be enough to to push the housing temp out enough to effect them.

Manual states that if it's been inside a warm place then the housing may be warm and should allow 30mins un heated for housing to cool to enable internal sensor to read correct temps.
    I don't think one insulated side against the body wouldn't be enough to push the housing temp out enough to effect them.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    if a human has any input into it its bound to crap out

Now I'm more on the fence than I was when I started the thread, thankyou for all the input though, however I'd like to take this right back and highlight my opening sentence

"After feedback from owners or past users of leica geovid binos...."

Now I'm more on the fence than I was when I started the thread, thankyou for all the input though, however I'd like to take this right back and highlight my opening sentence

"After feedback from owners or past users of leica geovid binos...."
    Had hdb's for twelve months no issues.better glass than any brand I have compared to lately.There was on guy on here bleating on about how shit his rangefinder was on his and was going to make a you tube vid to show every one.Lacklands have said to me they have no record of this other than a battery issue after being left in the truck in the cold.my two cents of using them other than people's comments on why they didn't buy them .rubber lens caps are a bit shit compared to the old good ids would be my only issue as they pull off easily
    chchben likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Do leica provide any kind of warranty on the electronics part of the binos and is the software able to be updated/hardware upgraded?? I personally couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of money on something that's going to be outdated pretty rapidly if theres no way around that? Even if the rangefinder stopped working 15 or twenty years down the track, you would still have a decent set of binos, but I cant stand having something that doesn't function how its supposed to even if I don't need those functions.
    I hope i get notified when they release a new version of physics , lol

I kept my separate RF, and bought a pair of Vortex Razors.

Figured a short warranty on the electronics doesn't justify it. Though my mate said if he bought a pair and the electronics failed, he'd accidently drop his off a cliff and claim on his house insurance.